[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - MDA Tournament Report
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MDA Tournament Report
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:55 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Fished MDA today - had a very good day and a fortunate one. Caught fish on jig, fluke, and finesse worm. Lots of fish we found yesterday were gone. Targeted areas they had been with a finesse worm with a 1/32 weight throwing it at the dark areas that were deeper. Caught our largest fish this way - wieghed 5.25. Caught some on a fluke that were schooling and used a jig to catch some off the bed.
Ended up with 19.37 and won the tournament.
Good to see Bill, Phoneman, and Stratosman.
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:38 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

nice catch. 5 fish limit? Schooling fish any size?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:41 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Congratulations on the win Greg! The fish most've not gone far!

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:08 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Congrats Greg. Nice bag.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:40 pm 

Congrats Greg.. that's quite a comeback after running the guy in the chair over this morning :grin: lol Nice to meet you and your partner. We ended up with 13.65....caught lots of fish all day on floating worm and dragging lead.

Tight lines

Mike

Always demonstrating rectitude and high-mindedness on and off the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:43 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

One of the schoolers was a 4 pounder and one was a three.
I still can't believe they had those black chairs sitting out there beside the road. Maybe if they had been sitting in them I would have seen them before I hit 'em.
Started the day off running the chairs over and ended up with the cowl coming off my motor while running back to Portman. Hit a series of tsunami waves off a shrimp boat and it the cowl came loose and left the motor. Lucky it landed top down and floated.
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:23 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

ur the man greg, congrats and i mean it. when its ur day all you gotta do is show up...lol. to start out ur morning running the chair over loose ur cowling dang it man and still win, i guess i didn't rub on u hard enough...lol. next time i see u i'll be huggin all over ya...lol.

phoneman and i had a good day/great day!!! as of friday we were lost we hadn't a clue, and we came back from nowhereville. we just started over this morning and it turned out ok. 13.65 ain't too bad i think thats about what i had last year and got a check. other then the few misfortunes, i enjoyed the day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:24 am 

Congrats Greg,
It was good to meet you. We had fun just couldn't find any decent fish and the ones we found didn't want to hit, we had a limit fairly early just couldn't better it. I can't remember seeing that many boats on the lake. Lots of people out enjoying the nice weather.
520 Ranger did you stay until the BBQ was gone?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:23 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

heck yeah, i had to eat ur share..lol. u know i was just kidding u about hurrying up in the food line. i really didn't mean to rush ya, but i ate enough for bofus...lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:59 am 

Sounds like you boys had a great time. I hope to try this TX next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:26 pm 

Sounds like yall had a great time. At least everybody caught fish.

8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:24 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

this tx is usually a very well ran tx . this year the guys running it was new a didn't seem to have a clue . very disorganized at the scales . maybe they will get involved in a few other tx's before next year .
Tournament Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:34 am 

520 you didn't rush me, You can look at me and tell that I take all the time I need around groceries.
I agree with you Tournament Man, they had a few that didn't know what they were doing but all in all it turned out good.
The best bites I had all day was standing in the fire ant bed at the weigh in line. Man those jokers can put a hurting on ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:57 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

how bad did they bit you ? the guys that usually put this tx on comes to several tx's and watches whats going on . it ended up turning out alright , just glad they didn't have any controversy over resetting the scales after each weight and not weighing the big fish in the basket . fish needed to be touched less . hate to see alot of those big mamas die full of eggs .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:45 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Anybody ever came to a weigh in with plans of buying a new boat and then left the same weigh in with plans of buying an engagement ring instead?.............some people have big mouths.............................lol

Back to taxes