[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - All Nighter Results
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:56 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All Nighter Results
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:12 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Spotsticker and I fished the all nighter Saturday night from 12am-8am. They had around 12 or 15 boats show up. The fish bit pretty well the whole tournament for us but we caught a ton of peckerheads. All of our fish were caught from the upper part of the lake. Winners had 12 something and bigfish with 5 something, we had almost 12 pounds with 11 3/4 pounds....good enough for money and 2nd place. I think they should have more tournaments with these hours during the middle of summer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Re: All Nighter Results
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:53 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

hey man anything over ten lbs at keowee is always pretty solid.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:37 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I fished keowee saturday launched at mile creek, there where 10+ dead bass in the water. Talked to a buddy that launched up lake somewhere and he seen 15-20 dead fish. I think keowee needs abreak from tourneys in the summer. Thats tough guys and Im not saying its your fault but man thats bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:48 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

yeah they had a tournament out of mile creek friday night from 7 til 2.... we had 1 bass die on us but he had the hook swallowed good...all the others swam off good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:32 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

it aint the tourneys fault, its the fishermans. people need to learn how to keep fish alive, and how to bring them up SLOW if they are fishin deep. that tx paycheck aint worth killing a limit of decent fish over

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:38 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Yea but i think most people who fish at keowee know that unless its one of their first times out there. Or unless they just dont know how to slowing bring fish up from deeper water. I think its just the stress during the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

yeah i cant argue that the water temps dont make it any easier.
the least they could do is make sure somebody eats the fish that didnt make it. im not against keeping fish, but im hell bent against a waste of wildlife. anyone that would throw one back just to let it float around and stink up the landing doesnt deserve to wet a line. theres no sense in giving the yuppies on their cabin cruisers and houseboats at lakes like keowee and hartwell any ammo against fisherman. bc we all know damn well they will use it against us. its stuff like all those dead fish that keep the corps from issuing tx permits at some landings...

just my 2cents, aint worth much, but i think im pretty much with the majority on this one.

if you kill it, eat it, or give it to someone that will. and if you catch it, make a little effort to see it swim away after you weigh it in

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:06 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Ill agree totally with that one. I cant stand that either. To be honest with you I really dont understand how many of those fish die unless they are gut hooked. I have not once in the past three years of tournament fishing had one single fish die in my livewell. I keep the auto recirculate running all the time because my bubbler is broken or clogged. Anyways i agree someone should take all the floaters home. but i also think that some guys should take a little time to release theyre fish instead of just dumping the bag and walking away even though some of them fish might not be monsters they might be one day. But I am a firm believer that fish NEED TO BE TAKEN especially all those damn keowee keepers. They need to be thinned out BAD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:52 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

fish get guthooked, sometimes they just fight too hard, sometimes they come up off the bottom and jump and pretty much do themselves in. stuff happens out there, ive had em die on me before, our old barge dont have the best livewells. theyre too deep and not wide enough for fish to turn around much. but i fish with ft inn and we simply dont throw back dead fish. theres always someone that will see to it that theyre cleaned and eaten. weve supplied for many church fishfrys over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:08 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

yea dad used to take trashbags full of fish to this old black woman that worked at the hospital after his work TX's at Russel.