[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Fizzing Fish
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:53 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fizzing Fish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Someone asked on here not too long ago about fizzing bass that are caught in deep water and what they look like. Below I have a good link to all of the information needed to learn how to fizz fish.

Here is a picture of a few bass that need to be deflated or fizzed caught a couple weekends ago up on Keowee. Notice how some are upright and some are floating. The ones that are floating need to be fizzed for the best chance at survival.

Post subject: Re: Fizzing Fish
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:50 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Good info - what do you do with 'em SC?

what is everyone else out there doin with the floaters - burpin 'em or lettin 'em float?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:33 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I see a good many floating at weigh-ins. But I usually fizz the ones that need it and release them to fight again. If i throw them back in and they float on top i will use a 16 gauge horse needle and deflate them. You can get good needles at either your local vet or at tractor supply. I have never heard of burping a fish???

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I need to get a needle, dad is gonna get me one from the hospital. I always have just tried to keep them in the Lwell and keep the aerator on em and wait till they deflate, It usually works real well most of em will flip over and be fine by wiegh-in, but sometimes we still have a few that arnt doin so hot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:27 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

fizzin = burpin :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:00 pm 

as far as those spots go instead of fizzin them i filet and freeze them they are some mighty good tasting fish i will have to remember that about the largemouth though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:48 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:10 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:33 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:51 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i went to tractor supply also and got the five pack of 1.5 inch. cheap way to keep fish in good shape, I just don't understand why so many states won't allow it or don't promote it. Yes you still have a very slight chance the fish gets an infection but if it saves the fish on the immediate side then its good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:16 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

i really dont think such a tiny hole is goin to kill the fish. i mean you just ripped them a good one in there mouth. and we've all caught fish that are beat all, w/ sores, and one eyed, and they make it all right. stick 'em! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:51 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

yea I guess you right. I caught one last week that had half a lower jaw.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:13 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:36 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:29 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**