[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - South Carolina; the land of “Real Southern Hospitality”.
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:12 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:59 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:37 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:20 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:14 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

sounds like a TEXAS size case of PMS to me :lol:

and as a texan you are a southerner and should act the part as well and part of southern hospitality is lookin past others disrespctful actions (such as your own) - there are disrespectful rednecks everywhere you go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcome to the site -

I think you just got a boat load of drunks that pulled in on top of you. Its happened to all of us at one time or another.

Have a great week,

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone. The alcohol probably did have a lot to do with the actions of the guys who pulled in and anchored on top of my hook, within 25 yards of where I was sitting on the bank with my wife. Still, it's really sad that I can't spend a day outdoors, enjoying nature and fishing, without a group of boaters showing as much disrespect as the guys from Anderson. Not only were they disrespectful, they were arrogant about it. Alcohol or not, they knew what they were doing. I know this because I saw their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree & I dont think they should have done what they did.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:14 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I am a proud South Carolinian imported from another state myself (VA)...............I think you'll find most of the folks in South Carolina to be very considerate of other people and the ones I am proud to call my friends would literally give me the shirts off their backs.........Don't let the actions of a few arseholes put a bad taste in your mouth about South Carolinians and their hospitality.............Most, you'll find are the converse of what you experienced.........

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:20 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Thanks sclakes. I was beginning to feel like I was being attacked from every side. Anyone who does not agree with my post should consider this. If you are sitting in your deer stand waiting for that huge buck to come by, and I show up within 25 yards of you, see you sitting in your stand, and climb the tree anyway, does that mean you are disrespectful if you don't sit there and say or do nothing about it? I would expect you to be very angry about it. I would expect to hear all kinds of words coming from your mouth. I would deserve whatever you had to say to me. If you're already there I should show some common courtesy and move on to another spot. I grew up believing in showing courtesy in the outdoors, and I expect others to do the same. The really sad thing about what happened to me is that one of the guys in the boat was a young teenager. What lesson did he learn from that? Will he do the same thing when he comes upon a bank fisherman and anchor right over his bait? What kind of attitude is that boy's dad teaching him? It's that kind of attitude that causes the rest of us to continue to lose the hunting and fishing priveleges we now have. I've seen these priveleges dwindle in my lifetime. It makes me wonder what my kids and grandkids will have to look forward to. Maybe no priveleges at all. What a shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I dont beleive the guys were attacking you maybe just being protective about being labled in a disrespective mannor.

I had to read your origional post a few times before I understood exactly what you ment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:51 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

WELL you just gotta figure there are jerks living in EVERY state.

Too bad you didn't get the numbers on the side of that boat and turn them into the game commish.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Well, as you've seen...the "perfect" don't like to be reminded of their "imperfections."

I guess they chose to NOT read where you said you weren't trying to label the entire state based on those other idiots. That's usually the case.

They don't usually treat others like that until AFTER they find out you're a transplant. :lol:

As coontie said, there are idiots in every nook and cranny of this great nation. Go out enough and you're bound to find them...and sometimes in great quantities.

You know what they say...If at first you don't succeed keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed...or is it try, try again. I always screw that one up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:32 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I think coontie just called me a jerk............ :hmm: :hmm: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:12 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

He may have softy - "bless his heart" :shock: