[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Junior World Championship help
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

My name is Ben Dziwulski and I am an 18 year old angler from Maryland fishing the Junior FLW Circuit. I recently won the MD State Championship and will be fishing in the National Gaurd Junior World Bassmaster Championship on Monticello Reservoir in South Carolina held August 15th and 16th.
This is my third consecutive Junior World Championship appearance. I will be able to drive down to prefish a week or two prior to tournament day, and would love to know if any of you guys have any experience on the lake during the hot summer month of August.
If anyone would like to help out, please email me at b23ball23fisher@hotmail.com or simply respond here. I would be glad to talk on the phone too, or even come down and fish with someone. Just email me first and we can make arrangements. Because I am heading to college next year to fish for North Carolina State University, I am not eligible to fish any other JWC's. I want to make this one count and perform my very best!
I've done some research already and have had many people forward me to this website for advice.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ben Dziwulski
God bless

bendizfishing.com

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:14 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:15 am 

I don't think you are talking about this monticello it is in winnsbore s.c. and more than 30 boats gets real crowded. Do you think the lake your talking about is in Charleston, s.c.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:34 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Yep it's the Monty in fairfield co...(winnsboro)...if Krowbar was around or fatback they could give some good advice because they have been fishing Monticello for years and regularly...I haven't spent much time on the lake but I do know you have to fish the humps and long points ...tx rig tequlia shad color is good in the summer...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:48 pm 

cattdaddy - I'm still around... plant outage and gas is killing my fishing time...only making it on monty 1 or 2 times a week now...then it's only for an hour or two... planning on being over on your hole this weekend...2-day ABA.

Ben - catch up with me before you come down to prefish. Got a lot lined up for Aug. but maybe we can work a day or two in. Probably will take the first day to understand what each of us are saying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Thanks for all of your help guys!

I am talking about the Monticello right next to route 215, if that helps.
There will be about 45 boats.....so it will probably be pretty darn crowded from what I hear.

Krowbar- Thank you for the offer. I'd love to get out there with you. My accent isn't too bad, and I'm pretty good with the southern accent......so hopefully within the first hour we will understand each other.......

I will definitely let you know when I am planning to come down. Hopefully we can get out and I can learn something about the lake.

Keep the tips coming, every bit helps! I hope that my prefish can help me get a good feel for the lake so that I can bag some fish on tournament day.

Ben Dziwulski
God bless

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:52 pm 

Ben you need to look up krowbar when you get down hes 1 of if not the best on this lake he can put you in the drivers seat and also captain fatback hes another one good luck dude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:48 pm 
Monticello Moderator
Monticello Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:18 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Capt. Fatback,

Understand you and Krowbar are helping a couple of kids that have contacted you. That is great and I applaude the kids for using the available resources to do their research. Please know that the kids are forbidden from being on the lake 30 days prior to the event (August 15 is the event), and cannot get any information from anyone during this 30 day off limit period, unless that person is another competitor in the competition or an FLW Tour Pro who will be a boat captain.

The kids don't always read the fine print..........so just wanted to chime in.

Perhaps one of you known lake "big sticks" could at least publish a quick "lake overview" for all the kids who are visiting this site and others doing their research. Most kids will see the lake for the first time when the bus from the Forrest Wood Cup HQ's brings them to the ramp to meet their pro boat captains.

Anything regarding the forage in the lake, depth, clarity, type of structure and cover would at least help all the contestants think through what to pack for a flight to South Carolina.

Regards,

Dullhooks 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:12 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I am holding the Official Rules and Regulations Sheet for the 2008 NGJWC

The Official Rules State

"Starting at midnight Sunday August 10, 2008 and continuing through the final weigh-in of the 2008 JWC, August 16, 2008, competitors cannot solicit, receive, or gather nay information via phone, electronic device, or any other means with regard to locating or catching fish on the NGJWC waters unless that info comes from another 2008 NGJWC competitor or NGJWC Pro Angler Partner."

I did read the fine print......it is fairly clear and concise. I do not know where you "read" about a 30-day off-limits period, but it is not correct.

Thanks for keeping your eye out. I had to make sure ot re-check the rules when I read your statement.

Ben
God bless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

If it is only off limits for a week, then go fishing! I believe that is a change from years past. I only remember they were always 30 days, so you've got this year's rules, and that is the gospel, get all you can get figured out before you go down there.

Good luck

Dullhooks 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:46 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Ben you have a PM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:48 am 

BEN DIZ!!! Good job on finding this site. It aint easy to find info on Monticello. BUT YES there is a rule which prohibits any outside information for us juniors within the week of the competition. BUT HEY! Before that week, its fair game. GOOD LUCK BEN! ME and you are the only ones I can see that are doing the homework we gotta do. I'm sure well both do just fine.