[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Help!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Got a tournament soon and I've never been on this lake before can I get a little help!? Where would they be this time of year up shallow or out deep? What's a good color to be using? Anything would be a big help PLEASE! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Help!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

You may be asking at the wrong time since we (us on this site) have a tournament coming up on Saturday. Come jump in that and use it as a pre fish! :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm 

To the BASSMONKEY.... No matter what people tell you on this lake it doesn't really matter a whole lot from day to day, unless the conditions are the same. Two things on this lake make the fish bite and without those you could be in for a long day. people that fish this lake a lot and know it, know what i'm talking about. Go fishing man and pay attention to the conditions, i will tell you that. i would share a little more but i have a lot of good buddies fishing this tournament Saturday. once you come in and listen to the guy's you will know a lot more. If you beat these guy's without ever being on the lake and win this tournament Saturday i will give my buddies down the road! They are some heavy hitters in this tour but the conditions can humble the best of them! Good luck man !

Squeaky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

hmmm..... maybe water level and baitfish? Just a wild arse guess. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 pm 
Monticello Moderator
Monticello Moderator

let me tell you this and keep in mine: (1) Wind blows often (2) Water level changes often, (3) Water is warmer near the Nuc discharge. (4) Lake is full of standing timber ( 5) Lots of Rip-Rap shore line ( 6) Full of mussles (7) one of the best Catfish lakes in the state, (8) Lake is very deep 180ft plus, (9) lots of red clay banks (10) lots of natural rocks and also a few small mouth bass.

C.Fatback

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:29 pm 

Man BACK you covered it all didn't you Bubb!~hahaha~ What is the weather supposed to be like Saturday? Wind and moving warter how bout them two for starters! That will make all the above a little sweet! Anyway i hope you guy's have a good tour. i'll call and you can give me a visual and update. 8)

Squeaky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Thanks guys!! it's always hard on a new lake. maybe I'll be fine.I get really excited and want to cover allot of water,think I may need to slow down?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:14 am 

I'd like to start fishing some up there too but a buddy of mine says the lake is dangerous to run. Wouldn't mind fishing the tournament this weekend either although never been on the lake. How dangerous is it? Standing timber/rocks islands etc....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 am 

It's not to bad at all to run, just stay away from the markers and watch your depth finder. some of the points run way out and are shallow and have no markers, just stay out to run and ease in when you have to. like any other lake that you never been on, there's always some spots that will bite you so i would not run full throttle, good luck if you go down.

Squeaky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

squeaky hit it on the nose. Dont be afraid to run the lake but keep your eyes open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 am 
Monticello Moderator
Monticello Moderator

Squeaks right with the lake full most anywhere is safe to run. but when the water level drops ( about 3-4 feet) there are more to watchout for. over all it is a very safe lake. Most shoals are marked but sometimes the markers do float off. As of the standing timber most is in backs of pockets and underwater. That is not a problem. There is some areas that will bite you such as , Pitcher Mound, Ball Park Hump and Grady's Road Bed, Goose Island Hump. And for sure stay away from the Devil's Foot Print, I know a man who got is arm broke there!.

Cap fat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:33 pm 

Yea back, i think i was with a guy that almost got his arm broke at the Devis Foot Print. Have you been there lately? what does it look like on graph, a CHRISTMAS TREE~HAHA~ LIT UP!!!! Have you fished out in the middle of that cove? you know we seen a lot of bait on the graph there on more than one occaisin. How about the guilliteen, i believe i spelled it correct. Don't forget about that 40+ sack you had last year. OH, if it rains don't forget my rain suit in the back compartment~haha~ wish i was with you BUBB!!!

Squeaky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:55 pm 
Monticello Moderator
Monticello Moderator

dun fished it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 pm 

I know you have fished everything, i'm just trying to get a feeling of being there. i hope you have a good tour. you know i would like to be there! how bout that same ole course we use to fish? can't wait to here the results.

Squeaky