[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Bws??
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bws??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Weather looks to be very cold Sat morning...below freezing...I'm worried about the ramps freezing over. BWS people ever delay the start of a tournament? This is the first one I've fished so I was just wondering...I've got to go over to Murray Friday and finish breaking in my boat...that will be fun in 36 degree weather.

Post subject: Re: Bws??
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:27 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I've been present when they had fog delays.

There is a new tournament director this year so I don't know anything about how the new guy operates.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:32 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Im sure they will have deicer and all. Prolly have someone putting on the ramp after every boat gets launched. Ya'll dont forget your save phace!!!!

And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." -Matthew 4:19

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Brett, you might better take your helmet !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:29 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Not worried about the fishing part..its the traveling I got to do Sat AM...if it's snow and ice on the road I hope I get a co-angler who has patience because I may get there late...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

ah no worries.. it will be interesting with the meeting in the afternoon and the snow falling lol.... should be fun to fish with snow on the ground. No worries about the ice someone can pull ya out... enough diisel 4x4s out there with so wenches lol.
see yall out there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:35 pm 

I will be traveling from Manning in the ice :shock: ! It will be an intresting day!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

100% chance now...this could become nasty...went to Murray years ago with ice on the ground and 4 of the club guys were piled up on a bridge...I turned around and went back home...same situation here...I've got to go over a lot of bridges :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:31 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Im sure we are gonna get the call on what is going to happen this evening dont count the chickens yet with these weather forcasters!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:25 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Have 1.5 hrs to drive in the snow.......sat morning.....another 1.5 each way to the meeting...might use the freedom pass for tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:49 am 

I just texted the tournament director and he said as of right now we are fishing. I have the Freedom Pass and will drive almost 3 hours from Manning. Not looking forward to this one now :sad: >

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

My guess is weather will determine how big a problem this will be; making the meeting...making the tx, late cause of road conditions and accidents.

National weather service has issued advisories for all these counties and a "hazzardous driving" warning.

Would not be surprised if the meeting is held and it's snowing that the tx will be put off until Sunday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:33 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Talked to Billy Benedetti, new SC BWS tournament director, and he said as long as they don't close the park and/or the ramps, the tournament will go off as planned.

I called the folks at Dreher Island and they said as of right now they have no plans to close the park or any of the ramps.

Don't know about postponing it. The ABA has cancelled several other tournaments across the SE because of this winter storm. My guess is they would cancel it before they would postpone it. When they get the necessary "paperwork" for using the ramps for a tournament, I doubt they have the flexibility of being able to extend or change that "paperwork" that easily.

I've never organized a tournament, so maybe some of the others could comment further on that. Any help catdaddy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:15 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

There's really only 1 issue, aside from business, and that's safety.
Lots of different areas to travel and from the upstate area if I feel safe, I'll make the drive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:20 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

U have to apply for a permit 30 days before the event...but I seriously doubt everybody gets a permit...but you do have to get permission from Dreher and pay a fee to use the park when you have over 25 boats...

Just looked at the National and local weather...already snowing in Abbeville and projected freezing rain and 2 to 3 inches of snow for Columbia...HAZARDOUS driving conditions for the Midlands...I will get to the meeting and doubt anybody can make it Sat morning...