[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - May 17-19 RUSSELLLLLLLGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:43 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Well I said I would post so here tis... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Took a friend to Russell to fish for a few big spots and all we got for 3 days of fishing and $175 of fuel (boat and diesel PU) was a few dinky spots and lots of wind.

15 mpg for the diesel Chev and about 300 miles of towing.

I can report that the water temp was 72F. We put in at 72 bridge, Allen Creek, and Calhoun Falls.

I still like the ramp at 72 best. GA has better parking lots for big boats and long trailers and long PU trucks..

If I had not EVER caught lots of fish and large fish in Russell I would swear there was a fish kill this spring in that lake.

I am sure my friend from VA has got to figure I am a complete novice for what I showed him this week. Those darn spots were really fast and sneaky...

Does anyone know how to get them... bam and they were gone... I truly missed dozens of hits. I have never seen them so fast and finiky.. I had the retiredguy TELL me how but after trying for a day I still was missing them..

We caught a few smallish LM's... but surely nothing to write home about... I used to say that I could always feed myself if I had to ,by going fishing, but his week I would have been on a diet (which I need).

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:11 pm 

hey coontie, were yall fishing the river channel side of the shoal near sanders ferry bridge sunday morning? thought maybe that mightve been you , we pulled up in blue/white skeeter. Also saw whoever that was at the ramp when we came to weigh in our little peeterhead spots,lol. I believe i remember you from lake summit tues nite tx`s. i just live down the road from l summit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:29 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

NOPE that wasn't me ---we were in Allen Creek all day... wind blowing and blowing and blowing... heck there were white caps on the landing and all down the creek channel... but I do remember you from Summit.... I used to have your phone # as did Charles but I lost mine when my day planner was stolen back 2 years ago. We never got above Allen Cr. all week... Oldtimer and retiredguy fish on Sat and RG got 13 on the points but oldtimer only had one in the front of the boat fishing the same waters... hummm they ran 1/4 mile and never started the big engine (not too big) all day. They just went down the bank from RR / Savannah and used the trolling motor for 6 hrs fishing... apparently they had several big ones on but lost them all (no way to verify this report--old guys will tell you stories).

I have not fished Summit this year but plan on starting in a week. As THE LAKE SUMMIT POWERS TO BE won't let me fish there anymore we can't compete with the site fishermen on bedding fish as we can't fish on Monday or any day except Tues. Too much money on Summit and narrow minded people. Good gate fence to keep people out and them in I guess. Its too bad that either the NC Game Commission can't put in a landing or that DUKE would force them to allow fishing... That elitist crap is really irritating. They are heading in the same direction as Lake Lure. Lake Adger was heading that way but the State put in a nice ramp for US fishermen I understand.

Hope to see you in a few weeks..

lrb/c57

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:42 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

good ole russell... :roll:

hmmm where are all the people swearin on how GREAT of a lake russell is?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Thinking too many spots and too many fillet knifes... Not sure which is worse. ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Yeah Russell SUX.......stay up in NC or Keeonpee{Your closest lake}.

I'll let you know when Russell gets back good {like the early 90's when every other truck was from NC & EVERYONE kept & ATE THE full limit & all the others they thought they could sneak out}....I promiss I'll post it.....

CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:27 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

YUP I have seen em do it from KY, TN and NC and probably SC as well.

Just not me and you. RIGHT???

I really do wish they would put in some kind of tougher rules like a 5 fish limit and a slot.. Heck I am not really sure when I kept a L. Russell bass.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:20 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:47 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:41 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:43 pm 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Well no thanks to JOJO the old timer is gonna take pity on me this week and GIVE ME LESSONS... he said to bring the filet knife and I could clean JOJO's share of the Russell bass population.. LOL... be there Tue-Thurs with the OLDTIMERS equipment and filet knife. He and the retiredguy got 23 on Tuesday. I hear some nice ones but ya can't trust them fisherguys. They will tell ya stories.