[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Wierd Things at the Night Tournaments
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:40 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:46 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:27 pm 

Total Donation, sent one back

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:12 pm 

I don't fish the 72 night Ts much, but I work with one of the guys that been crying about yall winning. He's been saying yall been comming it with 15+ lbs all LM's and that one of yall has a grandparent that has a pond that buts up to Russell. I told him he needed to prove something or suck it up. Kicking yall out is no good for anyone. If yall are fishing fair, they need to man up, if not they need to prove it and press charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:47 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Accusing someone of cheating is one of the unfortunate things people tend to do when someone suddenly gets hot and starts winning, especially if it is for the first time they have done so with a group. Continue to spend your time on the water and continue to prove yourself in tournaments, especially those with lie detectors. Passing a few of those tends to quieten down the accusers. It has happened to many people and I had the same issue in the early 90's. It will pass as long as you continue to put your time in on the water.
Good luck and be sure to deal with all this in a professional manner. It may not be the easiest way or the way you want to handle it but it will pay off in the long run.
Greg

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

As always, Greg comes thru with some good sound advice. ...... Brandon listen to his advice, he is a professional in more ways than one.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:20 am 

I agree BB. Greg has been around a while and has some wisdom. I like his idea of the lie detector quieting the accusers. I have faith in Brandon. The three or four accusing Brandon should have the same confidence in their statement. They can get together and pay for the lie detector to come to 72 ramp. If he fails I WILL PAY for it. If he passes THEY PAY. Lets see how much confidence you guys had before you accused him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:36 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 am 

Always demonstrating rectitude and high-mindedness on and off the water.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:15 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

what team and what tx? i had nothing to do that weekend. i guess if i could read i'da known the rules. but the year before we had a supper/meeting and voted. i just thought we'd get an invite to the supper, my bad for assuming. i'm confused???

did we get rules this year at the first tx?

there are some great guys and competitors in the wild hog club i have to admit. especially the ones that stick up for ya and they know who they are.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 am 

I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD COME ON THIS BOARD AND CALL ANYBODY A CHEATER WITHOUT PROOF OR EVIDENCE OF SOME KIND. ITS B.S. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE CALLED A CHEATER AND YOU REALLY WERENT CHEATING. IT WOULDNT FEEL TOO GOOD. I CANT STAND TO SEE A BUNCHA GROWN MEN CRYING ON THE BOARDS BECAUSE THEY GOT BEAT. I DONT KNOW THE ACCUSED VERY WELL AT ALL AND IM NOT TAKING UP FOR THEM FOR THAT REASON. THIS JUST ISNT THE PLACE TO SPREAD RUMORS. IT WILL REALLY HURT THE 72 TX. ILL FISH IT EVERY NIGHT AND HAND THEM MY MONEY UNTIL SOMEONE CAN PROVE THEIR CHEATING. :x :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

They first tx of the year was unoffically cancelled, so it was a mess. We have 2008 copies but nothing in question has changed. We will draw out of a hat on I believe the 11th of Sept and fish the 13th. The lake choosen will be off limits that Friday. Keowee, Harwell, and Russell are in the hat.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:31 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

i've missed to many to make the fish-off now anyway.

but softball is over and we went almost undefeated, just loosing one game. what a differance a couch can make from last year to this year.

mike and i will probably be there this coming thursday.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:43 pm 

Clemson Guy...I am from Elberton and fish russell a whole lot. I have seen what has been going on and I feel sorry for ya man. I couldn't accuse someone of cheating. i fish out of my jon boat and i'm sure ya have seen me down there. If i was to bring in 15+ i would probably get accused to..