[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - 11.29.09 report
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 11.29.09 report
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:36 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Time: 10am-4pm
Water Temp: 59-61
Water Conditions: clear in Rocky River to slight stain on main lake
Water Level: appeared ~3'-4' low

CricketKiller and I put in at 72. Caught a largehead pretty quick on a CB, only fish all day on moving baits. Fished a good bit in backs of coves and never could get it going. Main lake points seemed to be our ticket w/plows. Ended up with 4 Spots ( a 3lb'er and the rest all were 14"-15") and 2 largeheads. All largeheads were released to fight another day ........ can not say the same for the Spots :thumbs_up: :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: 11.29.09 report
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

atta boy :thumbs_up:

I've read recently where,the people in the know, say that fisherman are not keeping enough of the small fish anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

We teach a class on 'Pond/Lake Management' for the landowner. I by no means am an expert on this subject, but managing aquatic environments can be a very complex situation. Each one has it's own set of needs ..... some need more small fish removed .... some need more large fish removed .....some need aquatic vegitation, som need it removed due to species type .... large scale reserviors are hard to manage mainly due to the amount of varibles. I've yet to talk to any of the DNR biologists lately to see what kind of fish samples they have been pulling.

But as far as Spots go ...... KEEP THEM ALL :wink: :thumbs_up:

I remember as a kid hearing stories from my Dad about how great Keowee was, and how they could go up there and catch +5lb'er EVERY trip ....... then came the little ol' spot ..... a fun fish to catch due to they fought so hard and bit aggressivly ...... I'd HATE to see Russell turn into the next Keowee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 pm 

just when i thought i was up on all the lingo someone puts down "w/plows" what in the world is a plow that you are catching fish on? thx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Atta boy 391!!!

Spots should be released too you know...Release in the grease :-D :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Plow? Sounds like a c-rig w/ a 5oz. sinker! :shock: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

The History/Origin of 'Tha Plow'

An affectionate term given by our very own JoJo for a c-rig (Aka: CR; or Carolina Rig for most newbies) mainly due to the idea of a furrow being trenched into the lake bottom due to the sinker. All CR's are plows ...... some just dig deeper than others :wink: Mine last Sunday was about right for seeding, not fertilization. :mrgreen: I don't plow to fertilization depth very often. :-D

Hey MAYOR ....... does that mean a DS is like a No-Till Drill?????? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:54 pm 

ahhh i see. That was a colorful explanation for sure. :lol: So if you are churning up magma with your crig you may be using too much weight. I have been know to use a plow on my drop shot as well. I hate waiting so long for the light ds to get down to them. Thx. Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:24 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I noticed a few of my good spots that got Brushed 5 yrs ago are now free of debris ....... maybe the fishing will pick back up on them for me. :wink:

5/8 is where I start (and generally stay). I'll drag it in Summer w/ 10"-12"er's too. I need to try the mud churn (aka Plowing to Fertilize), I hear that works as a pattern all to itself. I do drop to 1/4 for winter slow down to do the same thing you're doing with the RR (Retiredguy Rig).

WHERE THA HECK is 'Jimmy Tha Builder' ............... he's the Plow King .............. talking plowing without him is like going to a party and the host ain't there. :-?

As for the Retiredguy Rig ...... I don't think anybody can perfect the snail-pace-drag of a 4" green pumpkin dead ringer better than those 2 old guys ........ Not to mention they knew the wiggle of a #5 Shad Rap better than a hot date on a dance floor ! :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

i hate spotted bass :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:40 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

do you hate that little one that that guy with the huge smile is holding in your avatar? :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:45 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

and i hate the 3.68 spotted bass that won us 700$ big fish this past saturday on russell too....someone should've threw him on the grease a long time ago... :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:47 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

a 3lb "BIG" fish :?: oxymoron...

poor ole Russell...ruirnt by the mini-bass :roll:

but im sure that $700 will still spend the same, congrats on 2nd and BF :thumbs_up: