[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Finally Get To Fish Russell.
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm 

To Jo-Jo and all the gang at Russell. :) I have read about your great fishery over there on the Savannah River Chain and finally will hit the waters this weekend. I have fished Hartwell and Clarks Hill but this is the first time to hit Russell. I have read a lot of the posts from the great tournaments you guys have had over there. It may take three hours to reach it but I get to fish it for three days this weekend. I am really excited from all the reports my partner has been telling me just hope the fish co-operate. Will post again on Monday to let all know how we did. :roll: Ron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I hear ya RC ! :thumbs_up: Based on what Jo' has been telling me and what I found on Clarks Hill, I'm expecting it to be 'on like Donkey Kong' this weekend ..... possibly both lakes. These sunny days this week ought to really help.

Good Luck ! Post up a report, would love to hear ya'll catch'um.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:31 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Ron are you fishing the 72 Marine Tx on Russell this weekend? Should be around 70 or 80 boatsin it. Plus all the other Tx's out of all the other ramps. Busy lake this weekend.
bass10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm 

Nope, fishing as a guest with the Lugoff Bassmasters out of the State Park on Sat. and then moving up to the Hwy 72 Bridge on Sunday morning. That will make it a little quicker getting back to Sumter on Sunday night. I am just stoked about this fishery as it should be either "spot" on or close to it. I have been told to hang on when you hook a Russell Spot, tales been told about two pound fish pulling around a twenty foot Bass Boat. Ron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:43 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:08 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:19 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

YUMMMMM spots ....... the other white meat :mrgreen:

And please, do keep all the spots you can ...... heck, have a church fish fry when you get back if it's more than you can eat. :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:33 am 

Oh Lordy.... It's time for the Spot police!!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:49 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Spots are full of eggs, I got two that went just over 8# on two cosecutive casts.on a white spinnerbait.The spots are ready, the bigmouths with a few more warm nights will be. Good luck Ron.
bass10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:36 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :!: :!: :!:
Congrats Bob :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: two 8lb. spots,back to back,-now that's a fishing ""MIRR_A_CULL :!: :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Yeah what MONK said ROTFLMFHAO...CYA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:44 pm 

Thanks for all the encouragement. :lol: We will be having the fish fry on Friday night so we hopes to eliminate of few of your friends. Didn't have any idea that the spots got anywhere near that big..Sure wish Bass 10 was available for guiding services. :roll: Can't wait to post on Monday :-D . Ron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm 

One quick question...Any recomondations for a bait and tackle shop in case I done forgot something I need.. Like dynamite or spinner baits or anything specific for Russell????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:30 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Monk, That was a three and a half and a four and a half. I wish it was two 8's, prob'ly be in the record books!!
bass10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:03 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Ron, can't remember the name of the store ..... Jo' will know ................. but it's a gas station on the south end of Iva ...... aka the town that JoJo is THE MAYOR of :thumbs_up: ...... in years past they had everything you'd need.

Also, 72 marine has some baits/supplies if you want to head that way. Just stay straight on 72 across the lake. I can't remember exactly how many miles (maybe 2-5) but it will be on your right. 72 Marine is a gas station/convenence store/ boat dealership just incase you've not been there before.

Iva store probably has the better baits since THE MAYOR helps stock the store. :mrgreen:

Good Luck !

p.s. Please post pictures of the fish fry ........ we all like to see a Good Spot Killin' :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: :-D :-D