[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Water temp report...
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Water temp report...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

...got sent home from work for the rest-o-da week....As my Mexican says.."No Werky is No Money"..NFG...ran by Sucession.

WT on boat dock 48....can see rocks in 12" of water. Lake within a foot +/- of "SLAP FULL"...Looking GOOD just wish pre-fish'n wasn't such bad juju for Jojo. LOL CYA Sat.

Post subject: Re: Water temp report...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 am 

water is a mud hole all the way to dam, even carp can't see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

...that's why it's a good thing fish have lateral lines so they can FEEL that itty bitty #5 try'n to swim by.

May not matter anyway...about the time I was down there check'n on the lake my Uncle died in the Nursing home in Iva. Don't know what day the funeral will be.... CYA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Sorry to hear Jojo...hope the Family is ok.
PM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:13 pm 

Jojo- sorry to hear about your uncle. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:52 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

He had been sick a long time...at least he ain't suffering anymore.

He was in the Korean War...Ran phone lines thru battle zones. 3 men to a team. 2 to un-roll the wire, one to cover them. One guy got on a mine....hurt him bad. Uncle Mason tried to hold him down but he got dragged over a mine too. Spent 6 months in Japan Hospital. Came home w/ 20%+/- disability worked in the cotton mill for 30yrs. 2nd shift mostly {4pm to mid-night} He was up my daylight try'n to run a farm. Worked his 3 sons & me like "borrowed mules". Of course we thought haul'n hay, build'n fences & such stuff was "Fun". I was the first one to figure out Bass, Beer & babes {in that order} was way more fun!! LOL

I'll be at the TX if I can...if I have to I'll pick a vollenter {like in the Army} to run it for me..LOL CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Looks like it's going to work out....Visitation Sat. night, Service on Sunday...CYA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Hey Joe sorry to hear about your Uncle, Prayers to you and the family.

I think most of us back during that time were worked like a Mule. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

But when Daddy let me drive! Yep Wheels meant BEER and BABES, Dam the Fishing. :mrgreen:

Plus no more Pick-in Cotton, Haul-in Hay, Cut-in Grass or Pull-in them dam bushes from around the rows of cotton that at that time seem to go to China.

But hey at the end of the Day when Pon'cho get he 5 payso, he go to see Lucy and you nose the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. :mrgreen:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Jo',
First off, I guarantee you just made Ms. T's day when you called her a 'babe' :thumbs_up:

Secondly, don't over do yourself ....... if you need to cancel we all TOTALLY understand ...... seriously.

I know for CricketKiller and I it's just to come hangout ..... it dang sure ain't for the fishing ...... thus all that can be done another day, so don't over do it. :wink:

Prayer's for you, Spoonie, and Ms. T'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:20 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

The way it looks now it's a GO. They went this morning to start arangements...

391 my wife don't read nothing on here...just like I don't go to her "facebook page"...

Boogerman the reason you had Babes down first is you are so much more cute/handsome than me!! LOL

and just FYI I'm "CALLING" Beeswax creek on Secession 'cause I'm the nearest thing to KVD that will be there!! LOL CYA Sat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Jo-Jo, sorry 'bout your uncle. Jack and I went wed, water temps between 46 and 50, dependin on where we were. Jack got on a good perch bite. I had one over 2, one over 3 and one over 5. Then the lungs took over and I had to use my oxygen.. Been laid up for two days so it don't look like we will make it. Gio the two smaller ones on a GP finesse worm and the big on on a white tube swimmin it.
Like you said water was clearing up. Good luck guys.
bass10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:50 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Dang Bass10...I hate you're feel'n poorly & can't make it but glad you got some fish. Just hope we all get some tommorrow.....CYA