[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Fished Wateree today
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fished Wateree today
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:39 pm 

Fished Wateree with my son today. It was a nice day out there, almost dead calm. Got hot in the sun with no wind. Surprisingly few bass boats on the water for such a nice day. We managed to boat a few bass, a couple of 2lbers on worms and a nice 4lb fish. All caught off docks. All the bass were released.

On our way back to the ramp came up on a big school of white perch taking shad off the top suspended out over 20ft. Caught a few nice 12" fish on a spinnerbait and crankbait. I thought they might be white bass but they were white perch. People were fishing off their dock and boating one after another on bait.

Still trying to figure Wateree out, sometimes the bass are jumping in the boat, other days ya can't buy a bite.

Post subject: Re: Fished Wateree today
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:58 pm 

Fished Sunday also. couldn't quite figure them out. Anybody fishing topwater yet? It's about time for it.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:57 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Good report there FH and keep the little man close and teach him all there is about fishing. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:54 pm 

Boogerman, Only problem is he's not so little. :-D My son is 19 and is taller than me, BIGGER than me, and could probably whip my butt. He definitely has the luck though when it comes to fishing. Many T's back in CT he would have the lunker of our bag. His fish is what put us in the winnings. He is sure not to let me forget it too.

I have yet to fish a T yet down here but I am going to fish one eventually. I need to get more familiar with the lake before I hand over my $$. Difficult lake at times to be sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:40 pm 

FH,

What part of CT were you from? I grew up there and still try to visit every year. Did you ever fish Powers Lake?

Woody

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:03 pm 

Woody,

I used to live in Windsor Locks. I never fished Powers, but I used to fish Moodus, Gardner, Candlewood, Congamond, and many other lakes in MA. Windsor Locks is right on the border of MA so I had the luck to fish both states. I really liked Congamond and do miss it.

I fished many CTfisherman.com T's and met quite a few good anglers through the site. The site went pay-per-view last year so I don't post on there anymore.

I really like this site, well put together.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 pm 

FH, your right about the site and Lake Wateree. Fished the Red Fox last Saturday and finished 18 out of 130 something. Winning weight was only 18 lbs and we were in the the money with only 10.88 lbs. Some days the Lake give-ith and some days she takes it away. She sure is a fickle Lady. We did absolutely nothing all morning on topwater but the hit a row of docks that produced four 1 1/2 lb fish. We got lucky and landed a nice 4 lber off another dock with all fish coming off plastic. Ron

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:24 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:40 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 pm 

The big girl had just finished spawning and was shallow lest than 2 Ft, the rest were at the end of docks with 8-10 ft of water. Ron