[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - What T was on Wateree Sat 14th?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:48 am 

Fished Wateree yesterday from 6:30-3:00. I did ok, caught a few on a crankbait. Couldn't keep the damn white perch off. Must have caught 30 of the buggers.

Went over to a hazard area marked by bouys. Started out deeper at 15ft and was heading towards the marker. Here comes this guy in a White and red Ranger. Motored right past me no more than 30 yrds! yes I said 30yrds and proceeds to stop right near the bouy, no more than 2 cast lengths away. To say I was mad is an understatement. That was just wrong on his part. I dropped a few casts right near the back of the boat, and the kid that was fishing with him I think knew I was pretty ticked off! In fact I'm getting mad just typing this. :x

Maybe some of you might know this guy. Had a blue shirt and a grey hat, grey hair. Was fishing with a young guy who wore a black windbreaker.

Then he proceeded to put on a show catching 4 bass in about 10 min. Hey, good for you buddy.

I try to give a wide berth to people. I don't pull 100yrds ahead of someone if I see them working a shoreline and don't pull up next to them on a point.

Maybe that's just normal for SC? If I was fishing the T I would have put in a complaint with the T director.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:37 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

It was the BFL...it changes people ...I was up in the river past Wateree Creek and not long after daylight a wrapped boat was wide open coming toward me and stopped 50 feet from me on the same point...one of my friend was also there so the guy stopped on the same point with 2 boats already there...anyway I knew who the guy was and he can't catch a cold..think he had 7 lbs or 4lbs..I din't fish the BFL..a lot of trouble...go to a meeting in Camden...pay $200 plus $125 gas to fish and put up with the BS and the payback sux..with that said I did fish it last year just because I was catching fish...most of the guys are good people but some are really #%$holes!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:15 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

No way....getting cut off on Wateree? Never heard of it.
Yeah right.
Ive been cut off by a team that does very well in the CATTS...oh sure, they were nice when they did it, tryign to make conversation, but firing up the big motor to cut me off and fish ONE dock is not cool. Then tell me "we aint doin any good" and come to find out they took 2nd or 3rd that day....that's really cool. BS!
BTW....BFL did a great job at killing a bunch of fish yesterday. We launched this morning @ 0700 only to see and smell 8-10 floaters and buzzards all over, eating them. Good job at fish conservation, dipsh*ts!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:44 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Wateree's not bad really...thats the first time this year for me as far as someone fishing too close but fish Wylie and you will really see what cutting off is...I've even had people tell me I've cut them off so it means different things to a lot of people..some think if you pull down 200 yard from them thats cutting them off. It's something you have to live with because there are 4 times the bass fisherman on Wateree than in the past...thats why I didn't say anything to the guy that cut me off yesterday...when we fished Toys for Tots last Fall some guy was fishing the other side of the dock we were fishing and I think he was in the tournament also.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:49 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I used to just let it go but it's kind of like getting shoved by someone. You can either let them punk you or shove back. For me, I am tired of it and will start shoving back. If someone wants to pull in and fish behind me, cool, but dont pass me on the outside with your trolling motor on high (asking something stupid like 'are you guys killin them?'). That isnt cool at all and I am going to start letting people know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:43 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Let me guess....... shoal marker ? Just under a bridge ? Boat ramp on other side ? ...... Wasn't me !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:49 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

If somebody passed you with a trolling motor then I would call that rare...you don't see that kind of behavior much at all...as I said Wateree isn't bad when it comes to cutting people off..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:35 pm 

Went saturday also and got their at blast off and waited a minute and decided to head up river to flip the jig.To many boats fishing near clearwater. I've concluded that sunday is the day to fish. Don't feel bad you weren't the only one getting cut off!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Actually been passed on the TM quite a few times on Wateree and other places besides Wateree as well, like Cooper river, and Santee. Idont fish out of a ‘bassboat’ so I don’t think anyone takes me seriously. Even been cut off twice by the same people a couple times. But oh well, nothing a ¾ oz jig cast right into the side of someones gel coat wont take care of.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:28 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:54 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:11 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:49 am 
Jr Member