[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - What's happening at Wateree?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 am 

Anything going on at Wateree? Been wanting to go down and give a try. Thanks! Shortbub 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 pm 

a frend and I have been catching them around docks on spinners and pumpkinseed culprit worms

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:46 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

First of all Ole Dirty B, thank you for you post you are not what I plan on bitching about:

BUT

I'm beginning to wonder if this web site is even worth the electrons it takes to power it up. It seems like everyone on here is so damn secretive and if they give anyone a tip it will ruin fishing for everyone. For crissakes people, not everyone in the world are fishing BASS or FLW tourneys, we have day jobs and just like to catch and release fish on the weekends. If you post here, help here. Just my opinion from a redneck from Maine that moved to the south because Uncle Sam told me to ( I love it here too).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:21 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

hut, that is just the way fishing is (when it comes to the internet). If people dont know you, they arent going to share with you. But they will sure take in any info you are willing to share. And even if they do know you, then they will probably LIE. :) It is sad but if I had a crazy day @ Wateree today, then came on here and posted "Hey, caught 19 keepers in 2 hours fishing a brushpile I planted on the island right off of Clearwater, on the Northern corner, in 14 feet of water, on a purple pecker puffer"....then my hotspot and bait is shot because who knows how many info leachers will go out there and whack all the fish....I would probably never even get a THANK YOU, and some of these guys catching your fish will be the same ones that cut you off one Saturday....see where I am going with this? It is the same wherever you go, its not just a SC thing. You will just have to learn to read between the lines of what little info is offered, and find yourself a group of friends that are reliable and share real info. I had to put my time in on the water when I got here 2 years ago, I had nobody helping me....you got to put your time in. No shame in going home blanked IF you learned something that day.....Also, all the stuff I have shown you (spots, lakes, baits) already is not to be told to anyone else! JUST YOU! See....you are learning already. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:00 pm 

:roll: Yo Hut234, before you start bad mouthing the whole site you had better go back and read some of the previous posts on Wateree. Your going to find that some people especially Brett Collins AKA CattDaddy will spill his guts out about whats happening on the lake or anywhere he has been fishing. Its just right now there ain't much going on at the Lake and even my friends aren't spreading rumors because they just haven't been. At first when I hit this site, I was trying to learn Murray, boy what a tight lipped bunch until I spent the time and made the posts and then started to get the respect of those who have spent countless hours both on the Water and the site. Just keep reading and making the posts and you will learn. :-D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:33 pm 

Would someone be willing to tell me where the safest ramp to put in and closest to north columbia? Thanks!

SB

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Travel up I-77 and get off at Exit 41...takes you to the State Park or Dutchman Creek Marina....

as far as fishing reports it's been so hot and gas is so high there is a lot less fishing going on...I was at lake warteree yesterday working and not one bass boat at the 6 ramps I passed by...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:44 pm 

Thanks for the info. I'll be getting my boat here in a couple weeks and will start fishing and then posting report. Thanks again for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Rude Crew, I gotchya buddy! Didn't mean to trash everyone. I don't expect handouts either. I do appreciate those who share and I'll be sure to do my part as well.