[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Wateree 31 May....
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wateree 31 May....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Took my wife out to fun fish, on the water at 1400. Saw there was a huge tournament going on...YAY. :roll: Started on the point across from clearwater. Everyone knows this point. Started catching fish.... we had that point to ourself for like 10 minutes till someone (in the tournament) saw the 'bent rod pattern' and tried to run us off. NOPE. He left, then another would come in. Guys, keep on slinging your baits at me, Im not going to leave. You just make me mad and you wont like me when I'm angry. :thumbs_up: Just b/c Im in a Tracker thats like 100 years old doesnt mean Im beneath you and not a serious bass fisherman. If you need to try to upgrade at that point with like 30 minutes left, you aint got nothing anyways.

Post subject: Re: Wateree 31 May....
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:32 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

The guys that won caughtem early on that point... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:12 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:45 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Carolina Anglers Team Trail LLC 2009 CATT Classic May 30-31 Lake Wateree

1 Mark & William Richardson 18.00 - 12.08 - 30.08 $5,980.00
2 Mike Watson - Jim Smoak 16.00 - 14.07 - 30.07 $2,420.00
3 Andy Owens BIG FISH 7.03 18.08 - 10.03 - 28.11 $1,810.00
4 Steve Pizzino - Darryl Bellamy 13.08 - 15.03 - 28.11 $900.00
5 Rusty White 15.13 - 11.15 - 27.12 $520.00
6 Davey Whittington - Don Poteat 14.08 - 12.12 - 27.04 $400.00
7 Ray Dowey - Joey Outlaw 11.15 - 13.15 - 25.14 $350.00
8 Chad Gainey - Cleve Yarborough 13.13 - 12.00 - 25.13 $300.00
9 Jimmy McFarland - Calvin Griggs 12.13 - 12.11 - 25.08 $250.00
10 Josh McGregor - Larry McGregor 9.10 - 15.11 - 25.05 $225.00
11 Walt Almond - Chad Rabon 9.01 - 15.11 - 24.12 $200.00
12 Chris Brunson - Nelson Walker 12.09 - 12.03 - 24.12 $200.00

Lake Murray will be the loaction of the 2010 CATT Classic in May.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:14 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

suprise suprise, I see some of my 'point buddies' on your list.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 pm 

Not saying your or they were right/wrong, but it you look at the finale weight totals. If you are a truly a serious bass angler you can see why they were tiring to upgrade.
I feel its wrong and don't crowd another angler that is already on a hole. However If I feel the need to get on a hole and another non compotation angler is already there I will usually get in line or even ask if he mines me fishing around. Just like golf (the gentleman’s sport...LMAO) usually a "Serious angler" will not only steep aside but usually wish a competitor good luck!
However there A--HOLES EVERWHERE even Wateree..... Had a lady insist I leave from behind her $800,000 yankeefied house located up near sailboat cove because she felt we were invading her privatice.........I nicely asked if she knew where her property line ended and if so I'd be sure not to go past it..........she still didn’t understand.... so in my best Yankee attitude (only so she would understand the langue barrier) told her if she wanted privitice she should have built that house in the middle of the woods not on a lake front. Bet if I asked about 30 fellow anglers to fish in that cove one Sunday am all anchor and playing god old southern music she would understand JUST BECAUSE YOU BUILD ON THE SIDE OF A PUBLIC LAKE DOESNT GIVE YOU OWNERSHIP OF THE WATER! Oh yea LADY your husband cigar stinks and I don't like to smell or breath someone else's smoke...he should takeup chewing that way he bothers no one thill they piss him off.
FISH ON BROTHERS! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

They used to crowd me a lot too when I had a 16' Polarcraft but it doesn't really matter what your in...some people are going to get close to you...I will go to the lake some on a weekday in the summer and you hardly ever see anybody..the weekend at wateree is still not nearly as crowded as other lakes...during the Red Fox 2 guys in a jon boat were fishing for Crappie and went by us in a cove and stopped at the dock beside us ...they didn't know they were cutting us off and they turned around and spoke..asked how the fishing had been..things like that...we thought it was kinda funny :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:09 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

5 out of the top 6 were not fishing points...I know them well and can almost tell you what part of the lake they were fishing...but they were shallow...did the boats on the points have any ribbon on them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

See, now if they had asked nicely, I would have backed off or probably left. Nobody asked. Brett, I can tell you who it was, if you really want to know shoot me a PM and I will tell you. I am over it, I should have just known….when you fish Wateree and it isn’t the dead of Winter, things like this are gonna happen.
And in other news....how did they all catch their fish??? :P