[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Lake Report
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:43 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lake Report
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:54 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Thanks, caught 22 but no help, Fish are biting real good? See Ya the 29th. :wink: :lol:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject: Re: Lake Report
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:25 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Got thirteen more hits, but still no help? Fish still biting? See ya 29th. :cool: :lol:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:11 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Hey--Boogerman, get out all your old fishing magazines and read up on all the Wateree reports :idea: --------that's what the pros do :mrgreen:

According to Bassmaster Magazine this month you can find the Bass--around bridges and rip-rap-----around piers(with brush)----arond liliy pads or grass in the creeks----all the way in the backs of the creeks(if there is current)-----mouths of small creeks----and in some standing timber-------------WOW :shock:

They also tell you that you can catch these fish on-----Crankbaits(square-bill), spinnerbaits(slow-rolled), top-water lures(Zara Spook in 100 ft. of water),small worms or jigs(throw up-current and let the water wash them down stream to the fish) and to fish a top-water popper or buzzbait early in the day, :idea: and if you catch a fish ,you can go back a few hours later and catch some more fish out of the same spot, on a 10 inch worm :shock: They didn't mention the C-Rig, much, cause Gerald Swindle and Frank Scalish are still arguing over wheather or not it will catch a fish :roll: (Jojo,don't like it neither)--------well Boogerman ,I have shared all the knowledge about Wateree that I know, and I know that you will keep "MY Secrets TO Yourself"
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Monk :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:26 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Man that was a good bite. :lol: I think that one is a Keeper. :cool: I posted for ramp info and how to get to the lake and only got a few hits. :lol: Then comes along a BIG Bite. :wink: Still searching the web for a possible place to stay. Got to get the fishy permit and a lake map. Then may take road trip on July 20th. So may form a wagon train and be trail boss or go as lone ranger. Have never been on lake before so need to do a little detective work before hand. Pink Panther or Mag Dumb P' eye and see if the water is as wet on that side of SC.

Thanks, Monk. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:56 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Hey-----------Wateree ain't on the border :roll:
You don't need to buy no"SPECIAL PERMIT'" :oops: :oops:

Let me know if you boys is going during the middle of the week :grin: and I might drag the Ranger along with ya'---------------Monk :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Hit up NUTMAN on where to stay. He got both of us (he and his partner and then me and my partner) a room in Winnsboro.

I'm hoping we put in somewhere like Clearwater instead of that place we were at last time since I'll be staying in Florence and coming from that way. Plus I had a heck of a time trying to park that rig of mine in that itty bitty lot.

Right off Hwy 521 (exit 98) on I-20 right outside of Camden, is a brand new Hotel they just built last year. Don't know if it's got outside hook-up's. I can't remember but it's like a Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn/Days End/etc. ( I should be able to remember this, I go that way at least once a month between dog training and going to in-laws). Got all the major gas stations there and a McDonalds all beside the Interstate and hotel. Not hard to get to Clearwater Cove from there either.

Pop-R and buzzbait is about right, the rest of that stuff :roll:

Will be fun to get back to Wateree, last time there was at Forum's 2 years ago ...... I fished that place all the time when I first got the Ranger and lived down there ..... it should be fun.............. hot as blue blazes, but fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Hey Monk, yep I gots to have that Fishy Permit that the state requires every year. :roll:

Yep, that is what I'm planning to do on July 20th take off to Wateree and see what we can get into. I'll talk to you more about it and see if I can get some of the others at the plant to go. Might even call it a :lol: AD-HOC :lol: before the forums tournament. Hopefully we can catch some fish. :shock:

Thanks, 391, I'll start looking at putting in a Clearwater and checking out the Camden area. Been looking mostly around Winnsboro area and the Wateree State park.