[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Water Level at Lake Wateree
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:27 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:48 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Read on another board that the water level was 5 to 6 feet above normal. Is that accurate??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:23 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Cooter-----Duke Power says the lake is 3.0 ft. down as of 3.00am this morning :shock: Remember that if you is catching fish at 10 ft. deep, you only got to let out 7 ft. of string ,cause the lake is already 3 ft. low :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ------------Monk :wink:

Good Luck To All Saturday :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:35 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

The normal level for Wateree is 96.7...

Why they say 100 is full ponds is beyond me...if the level is 100 then its over the dam and 3 ft up above normal...

I called Duke power and the level is 97.1....

when you get to Wateree you will fiind the water level is normal...not high or low.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:06 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Guess I just got trolled :oops: !! Went back and looked and they were jerking around. Need to start reading the fine print that is two in two weeks :oops: :oops: . Big Monk - still trying to figure out that string thing - wondering if I need to take some line off of my reels :mrgreen: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:46 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Well it looked low to me last Thursday. But I hadn't never been on the lake, just looking at where the water level looked like it had been. It was stained up and I guess that's gonna move on down by Saturday. Just hope they bite. :lol:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:32 pm 

Fished wateree Friday night and Saturday morning. It is lower than normal. I have been up there a lot in the last few years and in my opinion it is low. It is usually up next to the bottom of the docks, unless I have been just catching it when it is high. right now you can fish under any dock you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Trust me...96.7 is normal...when we get rain Wateree rises very fast but the level as of 8:00 PM Tuesday is 97.2..thats about right....I've fished Wateree almost weekly since the 60's...thats right I'm old...

When the level is 98 and above the water is creeping in the yards...I'll check it out tommorow but I'm sure thats right....the last part of May and the first 2 weeks of June the water level was above 98...maybe thats why some think the lake is low now.

When the level is 100 or above the water is going over the dam...

It may look low to some but.... thats what we call normal in these parts and so does Duke Power...

I saw where Mark Ingles is fishing the Sat tourney...we fished together a lot....he will tell you the same thing....

even though I taught him all he knows :wink:

Brett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:21 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Hey, cattdaddy thanks for the update and are you coming out Saturday? With all the rain where is the stain line down too? Last Thursday it was down to Wateree State Park. Man it's a beautiful lake with a bunch of stuff to fish around.

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:17 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Water looks good in the Dutchman Creek area...level is up about a 1/2 ft or so....

I will be at Fishing Creek Sat...it's up the Catawba River above Wateree...

Good Luck...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:56 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Good Luck to you on Saturday and thanks for all the updates on Wateree. Looks like we gonna have 14 boats, hope we can weigh 14 limits and best ones win. Safe Trip to all on Saturday and may we all catch 5.