SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: wylie 10 am to about 4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:33 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

started out doing a little bass fishin around seven oaks.....not much happening..water around 86 and pretty clear..threw a lizard, paca craw, crankbait, spinnerbait and jig...started getting hot.....thought i'd do a little crappie fishing...caught 2 nice ones, then the catfish started hitting the minnows....moved on down the bank, and caught 3 more cats...decent size...was using an ultralite spinning rig with 6 lb test mono....finally one huge cat broke me off before i could get him to the boat...moved down below buster boyd to another crappie spot, and caught 4 more very nice crappie and 2 cats over 7 lbs(on the ultralight)...wife netted both of these....had one huge bass chase one of the crappie i caught all the way up to the boat....startled me so bad, i jerked the crappie out of the water instead of letting it play out....wife yelled, what the hell was that...i swear it looked like a striper it was soo big....at least 8 lbs..anyway, we had a blast

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:48 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Glade to hear you had a good time. My boy and I are goin to go Sunday afternoon. Havn't been to Wylie in a long time. We will fish till a little after dark if the storms don't drive us home.
Will report if we do any good.