SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Visit to the vet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:09 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

A woman brought a limp duck into a veterinarian's office. She laid her duck on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head and sadly said, "I'm sorry, your duck has passed away." The distressed woman cried," Are you sure?" "Yes, I am sure. Your duck is dead, " said the vet. "How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might be in a coma or something." The vet rolled his eyes. turned around and left the room.
He returned a few minutes later with a black Labrador retriever. As the duck owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked up at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog on the head and took it out of the room.
A few minutes later he returned with a cat. The cat jumped on the table and also delicately sniffed the bird from head to foot. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." The vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, which he handed to the woman. The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill for "$820?" she cried,"$820 just to tell me my duck is dead!" The vet shrugged,"I'm sorry. If you had taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan, it's $820."

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

Post subject: Re: Visit to the vet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NICE!