[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Lake Thickety
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lake Thickety
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:18 am 

Anybody know anything about Thickety's bass population. Fished 3pm till dark 1/1/08 and caught 3 crappie on black spinner bait while hunting for LM bass? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:37 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

They're some decent bass in there but you have to hunt them down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:03 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I fished Thickety a good bit last year and was able to find bass most of the time. I fish spinnerbaits a lot, but not on Thickety. Small, soft plastics are the only way I can catch bass on that pond and even then that lake can skunk ya. One day last year I caught 3 carp on soft plastics fishing for bass in the high grass while the guy with me, using exactly the same rig and baits caught a couple of 3+ lb LMs...go figure.

Post subject: Re: Lake Thickety
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:08 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Thichety is close by and occasionally I give it a try but haven't caught enough bass there to keep it on my honey hole list. I'll keep trying and use the smaller baits next time. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:47 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

its a very hard lake, they are some bigguns still in there caught one few yrs back almost weightin 9lbs , and have caught a few 3lers out of there , but that lake will humble ya in a minute

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:58 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Yeah you really work to catch a good'un from there for sure. Now if you want to catch some carp its the place to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:52 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:52 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I generally fish year round.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:47 am 

Went back to Thichety 2/9/08, surface water temp. 49 - 53 degrees, periods of high winds. Fished from 10 AM to dark, not a bite till 2:30 then they turned on during a windy period. Caught 3 bass, largest was 3 lb. lost a couple of short sets and caught 8 crappie. Thanks for the previous advise. :)

Clutch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:21 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Good to hear you caught some.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 pm 

Hey River Rat, I met a game warden when I got out of the lake he was a real nice fellow - help me unload my boat and talked awhile. He gave me directions and told me to go down above Fire Cracker that the smallies had realy start hitting. Heard anything?

Clutch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:45 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:29 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

yep , RR, is right there tight lipped about the smallies , ive personally seen 4lbers come from our local river down here, but 1.5lbers are numorous, and there are some 5lbers smallies been bagged here the past several yrs , but findin the right spot is the ticket, if ya want to rough the river, personally i dont have my john boat anymore an whished i would of kept it to fish just the rocky shoals of the river

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 pm 

I have a two man jon and want to get my daughter to catch her first smallmouth ever. Where can I launch and fish (safely please)
Thanks all...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:02 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

you have gaston shoals with a nice but steep concrete boat ramp, have pick hill with nice concrete boat ramp (99 island blacksburg side), hwy 18 access , no ramp but easily asseable with jon boat,gaffney side , these i hope help :thumbs_up: