[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Hog-woller trout from saturday
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:17 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

yeah coontie, i have been watched before too. but i caught the SOB watchin me, he was ducked down in the woods and i seen him and said "hidie" and caught him by surprise. OPjr was with me then too, we was catchin gar, but not too many!! I just dont appreciate the way them boys come across, that badge brings alot of ego with it. perfect example, chris' posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:49 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Thanks for the link to the fish picture. What "the gamewarden" was talking about was a man he was watching that had caught 50+ trout... He had to get another job to get his fine paid off.

The trout in the photo looked like they have some size to them... NC trout are babies .. bass bait usually...

thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:46 pm 

Minnow
What a catch! I have a friend that has been going up and ca5tching some at Burrells ford, but nothing of that size.
Me and my family just got back from vacation in Montana. We did some fly fishing out there with a guide and it was tha best fishing trip I have ever had.
I am supposed to go up and fish with Fred (the guy who has been going up) next week, but we are going to try and fly fish. We are also going to take the open faces and power bait if they don't cooperate. HAHA.
That putting the directions to Grapevine on here. I might try it as well.

Again good catch hope I do as well

8. Don't take nobody's boat... or nuttin' else.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:09 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

yeah, thats definetly some good sized trout for the area. i have tried flies once before (behind a clear bobber) and got bit, just no size to 'em. i dont see how yall fly fish with all the over hangin trees on such small streams. and i have never used the power bait stuff, guess i need to try it. if they are stuborn i use salmon egg look alikes. other than that, throw that chatterbait in the deep water, haha, and you got a PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:09 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

'Roll cast' is what works for me in those tight areas like that............ and leave your 9' fly rod at home, you got to pull out the 'shortie' (7'6") also to do it. :wink:

M A D B E E ................ where da h3ll you been BRO' ! ! ! ! Dude Early Goose is around the corner and I was worried you done left I ain't seen you on here in so long. You ready? NC has set their rules and I can only HOPE SC will be similar ........ gonna be awesome if they do ! ! !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:10 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I have used a fly rod for breame and bass, but I never do well using it foir trout. Roostertail, grubbs, whatever work for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:36 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

The best Rig'n I've found for moving water trout is......4 or 6# Clear Blue Flourecent line w/ about 2 ft.+ of 4# Low-Vis line joined w/ a Blood Knot....heres the trick. Pinch your Split Shot on the little "tag" ends of the knot. WHEN you get hung and you pull it loose you'll only loose the Sinkers. Power Bait Dough is good but bait worms, crickets, corn or Rooster tails werk too.... Trout is just Spotted Horney Heads and they dump them in by the truck load. How smart can they be LOL My Late Daddy really loved to eat them, but I ain't to crazy about them...but it is some cool water to play in while you're fish'n.. LOL CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:20 am 

391 For the most part I have been building a shop/garage for the past two monthes. Well building for 2 planning for 2 more. Then I decided it was tiem for a vacation. So we went to Montana for a week then to Greenwood for most of another. Now I am back to working on the building again. Oh and don't forget to Cryovac in there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:46 am 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

I hear ya, you seen the limit set by NC on Early Goose yet , WOW ! ! ! ! I hope SC will do that too. The only problem is they never leave the parks/subdivision ponds/golf coarses/ or heavily populated areas on the lake ..... they've grown accustom to a 'free lunch'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:12 pm 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

smart canadian geese :razz:
think they keep a few of them snakey critters from gettin' too big also..
between the giant beavers, geese, turkeys, deer, critters, hawks, owls, foxes...ya need earplugs they make so much noise back here :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 am