SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:10 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Took the johnboat to try the repaired motor out, it ran great by the way. Put in about 11:15 and left about 1:00 due to excessive heat. Water was 85 to 92 degrees depending on location but that was the main run. There was no water moving at all. Went almost to Cherokee Falls dam looking for some current and the water was still. It was hotter where it was shallow. Places had some stain but it was suspended silt not muddy. Lots of dead fish floating and coming out of the Cherokee Falls Dam tailrace creek. Seemed to be mostly carp but there were alot of them and with the stagnant water the smell was not good. Not sure what killed them cause I saw nothing apparent. Managed to catch one decent LM on a worm and was getting alot of machine gun hits. Talked to a gentleman from NC who was there when I got there and he said he had caught 4 all on top water stuff. Did I mention it was HOT! When I loaded up I went to Lake Cherokee and scoped it out. May go there this evening or in the morning. It looked good but another man there was cat fishing and said they had fertilized it the other day. Not sure what that might do. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose