SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:57 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Watched a program at a friends house yesterday about Hank Parker and his son fishing for Smallies on the Broad River. He said that it may make some people mad. :angry: The show's where over a 2 day period and they caught a bunch of fish. Dang may have to find these 2 ramps and section of river and put the Johnny in this summer. Float, Wade, Fish, Fellowship and Fun. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 pm 

I'll second that. Sure would like to know the general area they were fishing. Might have to make a trip upstate. :-?

Boogerman @ Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 am wrote:
Watched a program at a friends house yesterday about Hank Parker and his son fishing for Smallies on the Broad River. He said that it may make some people mad. :angry: The show's where over a 2 day period and they caught a bunch of fish. Dang may have to find these 2 ramps and section of river and put the Johnny in this summer. Float, Wade, Fish, Fellowship and Fun. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:57 pm 

Any idea where they were putting in? He lives near Union, which is only an hour or so up the road from me, so I did some exploring up there. Found a ramp just east of Union off of River road (managed by Sumter National Forest). Looks like nice water but it's not the rocky stretch they were fishing on the show. The water they were in looks wadeable. I would love to find some nice wadeable smallie water within a reasonable distance of the Columbia/Irmo area.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:20 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Would like to find out where we could put in up stream and float down to the other vehicle. Me, Craig and Monk would like to catch some of them smallies when it gets to hot on the lake. River trip would be nice. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:37 pm 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

Ride to where Hwy 150 crosses it or try Hwy 18 crossing it or Hwy 29 crosses it. You can also wade most of these areas but you need a boat or tube for many areas that are too deep. People are floating and wading it often now. Lots of rocks so if you go be careful. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:17 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Thanks, RM for the info! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:58 am 
SCLakes Court Jester
SCLakes Court Jester

A person drown yesterday below the Hwy 29 crossing. Just heard that on the news. Not sure about details. Just be careful in all the rocks with swift currents. RM

It's only a gambling problem if you lose

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:18 am 

Real McCoy @ May 10th 2008, 22:37 wrote:
Ride to where Hwy 150 crosses it or try Hwy 18 crossing it or Hwy 29 crosses it. You can also wade most of these areas but you need a boat or tube for many areas that are too deep. People are floating and wading it often now. Lots of rocks so if you go be careful. RM

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:35 pm 

Hey Crabjack, if you want to go sometime this week let me know. Anyday but Friday. I fish in Downtown Columbia. I just wade the river.

Hawg

Hawg

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:01 pm 

Thanks for the offer Hawg!
This week is a bit tight. If it's ok with you I could shoot you an email and possibly meet up some other time. Maybe next week.