[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Wooden Poe's 300 and 400
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wooden Poe's 300 and 400
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:12 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I have a bunch of these, do you guys like to fish them out here? Curious how they would work. :?:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Hi Jason, the old poes work just fine. If you are going to use yhem leave them out ar doesn't have the bouancy of bathe sun to fade the colors a little. Seems it makes them look a little more natural. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :mad:

To get good depth use no more than 10# and I fish 8# if I plan to use the 300/400 series. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Great off points and arround dock.I have not had good luck arround brush. The cedar doesn't have the bouancy of either balsa or plastic and they tend to hang. Keep a plug knocker handy. :hmm: :hmm: :lol:

The ones that rattle have a dull thud rattle. :lol: :lol:

Good luck!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:02 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

would you like to sell them? (don't care about the paint as long as they are good shape)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:45 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

some good plugs you got and peanut don't need any he is like me he already has about 10,000 crankbaits lol i squeezed open a clothes pin stuck a bottle cap in the end added a trebble hook to the springs and i'm gonna call it a jiminport darting popper. you think it will catch anything?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:47 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

make sure you put some hair on it :mrgreen: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:23 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Hey BP, I'd change the name of that clotyhs pin. Jiminport can't catch more than 1 fish per outing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hi Jim :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Of course Bob hasn't caught a fish in 4 weeks until last night. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:53 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Do ya mean the original Poes...these are some I bought in 1989-1990...I've got about 10 left and don't throw them around brush...these are not as long as the newer Poes and also the front hook is screwed into a lead weight...the newer ones don't have the lead weight in the front hook....the older ones will cast like a rock and hardly ever twirl...also note the one thats next to the last one on the right...caught so many fish on it the paint is gone in spots....whats the high bidder? :lol: :wink:

Attachments:
Poes 002.jpg
Poes 002.jpg [ 157.6 KiB | Viewed 19343 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:00 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i like ol jim he is what you call one of a kind in a poker hand. I may have to rename it the booger hoppin peanut poppin champion-man jo-jo jumper heck the name alone should sell at least 5 it's been a long day you can tell gettin in the silly stage. but i think i do still have some of the rc-1 and rc-3's that clunn made famous somewhere around the house i think they were poe's too

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I bought a huge lot on Ebay back in 03. I have pretty much all the colors cattdaddy posted in the pic. Sorry Peanut but I want to hang on to them. I just need to fish them! Thanks for the info fellas, I will give them a shot. I also have a couple 400's and some smaller ones (maybe 200's?)...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I always had a Poes 1100 tied onto a rod. Caught lots of fish on them. Mostly firetiger.Chart.blue back, of white with light green back. Color depended on water stain. :shock:
Firetiger for muddy water. :thumbs_up: I like to fish SHALLOW :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Orig. RC-1s are good 2. :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

I still got some of the old Calickfornina ones.....had 6 "custom" painted but the dude got the color wrong. The old ones {w/ no write'n on the bill} were really goooood back in the day on Russell. They still work on the days that rattles spook them...CYA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:30 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

thanks for the one you gave me jo jo, its done me right on hurtwell, hoping to get to try it on russell soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm