[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - never fished with rubber worms
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:25 pm 

need some tips on fishing rubber worms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:19 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Fishing soft plastic(rubber)....... :???: baits is kind of simple and can be fished in many different situations. If you have never fished them then trying to give tips will be simple yet difficult. The two basic ways to fish them is with a Texas rig or a Carolina Rig. Some folks fish them on jig heads but lets begin with the basics. The best recomendation I can offer with out seeming I am ignorant which sometimes I am............. :lol: :lol: There have been many many video tapes made of worm fishing by professional anglers that will take you step by step though all of the worm fishing Techniques. My suggestion would be to purchase or rent a few of these tapes and watch them. About 20 years ago when I began bass fishing I rented every video I could find on the sport and soon purchased some. The best and most informative tape I found for worm fishing was called Worm Fishing with Paul Elias. I still refer to it from time to time as things change and I begin to fall into a routine, I will watch the tape and get ideas of things to try that I have got away from and need to go back and begin doing again to improve my fishing of soft plastics. Bill Dance also had some videos out on Worm Fishing. If you cannot find any of these tapes let me know and I will see what I can do about finding them for you. Thanks for your interest in soft bait fishing and let me know if I can be of any more assistance to you.
Softy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

best thing to do is come fish with some of us. I fish plastics alot I mean ALOT..lol

I'm sure you can get a back seat real quick around here!!

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:43 pm 

There you go Fatcat, you have got an offer for ride on the back of a really good soft plastic anglers boat and you can bet he will teach you all about fishing soft baits. And he uses some really great baits too........ :lol: :lol: I won't say whos they are but I think you can already figure that one out.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:53 am 

When they first came out with the "softbaits". I do believe they were made of rubber. Seems like Creme were the first to use plastic... None of them were all that soft but they all caught fish.... tightlines... retiredguy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:46 pm 

Yep, RTG is very correct.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: They were rubber and yep, fish did bite them. Yep Creme introduced the soft plastic worms and they still make baits to this day. Up until I began producing my own I used the Creme wrom called Scoundrul alot and caught a lot of fish on them for years.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:54 pm 

thanks for the help softy and i'll take a back seat anytime any lake once again thanks for the help guys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:19 pm