[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Big Worm Time
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Worm Time
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:04 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

It must be Big Worm Time...... :lol: Last 5 orders where for 12 in Gator tails, 10 Baby Hueys, 10 Inch paddle tail Floating Worms, 10 inch Old Monsters and 9.5 inch Flip Tails. I seldom fish worms that large because I have tried them several times and have had some hits but never get hooked up with fish. I seldom go much over 8 inch worms and still catch big fish. Might want to check your stock in the boat for your big worms............. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Big Worm Time
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Softy - have you got a web site or a catalogue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:44 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Maybe they are stocking up for the fall. This time of year I will rarely throw anything over 7 inches. Normally I'm throwing 4" worms or 3" tubes just to get a bite.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:38 pm 

Cooter,
It is called Hometown Hand Poured Baits but the URL is http://.softbaitmaker.com and if you can't find it let me know.... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 pm 

Believe it or not they are using them right now on Kentucky Lake on the ledges on C-Rigs and catching some really big bass on them. I just took another order off line for 100 more 12 inch Gator Tails and needs them by a week from Saturday for a TX on Barkley Lake. I know I have some guys down in Georgia that ordered 500 9.5 inch Flip Tail Worms for fishing the ledges on night TX's on Seminole........ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:06 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

To quote the cute girl from the store....

"10 inches ain't that big ONCE you get used to it.".

I start w/ the Jumbo Baits in April, rarely going to any thing shorter than a Mag II unless it's a "Craw" or Super Hawg. But this year I did better w/ a Big JnP. Best tip for big worms is to use a Big Enough Hook w/ Big Line, Heavy Tungston wt. and a HEAVY action Rod and try to break they neck when you get bit....No time to be gentle w/ a big worm, you got to really slap it home when they get it, 'cause good bites is few and far between most times CYA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:22 am 

Great advice JOJO and yes you are very right about the big hooks, line and powerful rods for big worms but I got to watch a guy that lives on Kentucky Lake prepare a big worm for fising and he did something that I know some folks are already doing and it is called (Stinging a Worm) He puts a rig together C-Rig or Texas and after he ties the hook to the main line he takes a smaller hook with a very short leader on it and ties the tag in of the short leader to the bend in the main line hook and then inserts the smaller hook in the worm right at the point where the worms tail begins. Since I seldom use worms over 7.5 inches I have never needed to do that but this tip might help some of the folks that do use bigger worms. Thanks for the input JOJO....... :lol: