[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Fluke fishing methods
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:07 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I use (mostly) smokin' shad color on a Gammie Super Mag(?) hook, 15 lb test Trilene Big Game, 7' Med Fast St. Croix Premier rod and a Shimano Curado 6.3:1 reel.........Throw it out, werk it, catch a fish...........simple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:53 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

This is good info, all the way down the post. I just joined (today) and like it already.
I have used the double fluke method a couple of times in the past, but with no luck. I do like the look of it and will probably try again soon, now that I have been reminded of it. Does anybody else out there C-rig fluke? I have heard about some good results recently doing this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:48 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Hey BB, you have a good point except in most cases most folks here in Tennessee are fishing Flukes as Target baits around lay downs, weed lines, boat docks, and in the jumps also. I will use and extra heavy big wire hook on a fluke if I am going to be fishing jumps so my flukes will suspend just below the surface. Oh yea, I do use my flukes, not Zooms which also does make a difference on how they are fished because my flukes float. I do have like I said, alot of friends that do use a Swivels and they do boat fish that way but they also complain about the ones that where missed because they did not feel the fish because of the leader until it was to late to get a good hook set. The way you fish your Flukes does have an advantage because your moving your bait really fast and the fish in most cases will help hook itself. When fishing it as a target bait you can't have that loose line between tag end(rod tip) and bait. JMHO
Softy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:15 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

What Bummblebee said....LOL I can do this all day LOL

Jojogoingtoblowthedustoffhis7x1Diawia'causeherememberstheassmokingMrBBgavehim@secessionin04/03

THANKS BB LOL CYA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:40 am 

Well, I think this topic got covered quite well huh? :lol: :lol: JOJO, Did BB really give you a butt kickin on YOUR lake :?: :?: :?: I have been gettin my butt kicked for years on my lake so I have got use to it and now just does not bother me any more............. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: Even the Bass have been kickin my butt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:22 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Yeaup Softy...this was a good one....that's what this 'puter is good for.

And yes Bummblebee got me 2 Novembers in a row. '03 I got 2nd and BF but in '04 he "beach slapped " us bad w/ a Fluke. I don't mind a butt-smoking if I learn sumthin from it. LOL He proved he's the MAN on Secession. Now I got to get him to use a Spoon & a Spinnypole!!!!

..I'm just glad nobody throwed a Senko into this one!! LOL Enjoyed it CYA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 pm 

Pearl White Zoom
in the bag, in the bottom of my tackle box, use when all else fails..
The first time I use da fluke was on lake Hartwell, fishing with a guy named Harellson or something like that, man he was good. He taught me to stand next to him, make my cast in the same direction as his and we would each retrieve them the same speed, fast... I do believe this caused the fish to start surface feeding. We did that for two days in a six-man tournament. I have never had so many strikes and caught so few fish....I was using a wimpy spinning rod making 100 yard cast (well maybe not that far,) and the fish would hit on the long cast... anyway, it was fun.. retiredguy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:12 pm 

Hey Glad to see RTG back and posting..... I guess you had that fish missing experience too from your post. There has been quite a disscussion about gear to use and tackle to use to fish Flukes......... :lol: :lol: I think it has come down that ever your comfortable with is what you should use................ :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:42 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I don't fish with flukes. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:41 am 

Hey Dink, ain't you the BS filter moderator :?: :?: :?: You ain't suppose to be adding to it............. :roll: :roll: :roll: That sentence in your last post was the largest amount of BS in the entire post....................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:45 am 

straight reel, no twitching, if you rig it correctly it makes the perfect swim bait
dont tell anybody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:44 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

OK Softy, you got me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:01 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:19 am