[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Lets Talk Soft Stick Baits!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:04 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:27 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:52 pm 

Hey Peanut, your right about the action Gary's Senko's have. I have seen it in a test pool I also use..... :lol: Gary's Senko's also do catch fish and yea they do tear up..... :lol: :lol: I am not saying that they are not good baits because they are. :cool: There are about 10 different companies producing similar baits, YUM has one called YUM Dingers, Wave Worms have one called the Tiki Sticks, Prowler has one also. But they all have tried to get their baits to do what Gary's do and that is sink and have action at the same time. I did find that the Tiki Sticks do have a similar action as Gary's but not quit as distinct. What I am offering is another option and that is to have one that does not sink fast but will suspend more. To add Senko action to the Danny B's insert a small part of a finishing nail in either or both ends and you will have Senko action when rigged wacky style.... :cool: But if you don't want your bait to sink to fast or your working suspended fish and need a very slow or suspended baits the Danny B's fill that void you can't get with Senko's. I have been making the Danny B's for about 6 months now and I have had them field tested by about 25 anglers both here locally and out of state and the only reason I have decided to make this post was because I have been getting good reports about some really nice numbers of fish being caught on them and quite a few big fish.
One angler on J.Percy Priest Lake which is a somewhat clear deep lake with alot of rock has won 6 night TX.s with them and collected checks in many others and said it is because they catch suspending fish on bluff wall ledges because of such a slow fall and fishing them on drop shot rigs along brush piles in 15 foot water. He uses colors he requested which is a Black Grape and a Transparent dark Blue and no glitter in either of them. I have another angler winning day TX's using Watermelon Candy and Green Pumpkin Candy. Just offering another option........ :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:30 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:35 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:22 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

...well I've thought about a "float'n Senko"....but a Senko is a Senko because of the way it SINKS. Yum Dingler and Tiki Stiks is close but nothing is a GYBC Senko but a GYBC Senko. Zoom Z-Nails is a good slower sink'n alternative. But so is any other "French Fry" type bait. Then you got the Senko Lite.....made to sink S.L.O.W. It's funny how everbody uses a Senko w/out wt. ,but Gary Tx-rigs his mostly... GYBC is good stuff but I just can't go there 100%. I could see where a floating "Tuffer" senko type bait would be good for a DS so you could get 10 or so bites before you had to swap out baits 'cause the "FISH ATE IT" but I guess that's just me......

"Money for nothing and the chicks are free" LOL CYA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:19 am 

I do agree with you JOJO. Garys Senko is a great bait and I used them alot before I began making mine. Thing you said about Gary T-rigging his, well I use to t-rig Garys Senko's too..... :lol: I don't know but I have this thing about keeping baits on or very close to the bottom of a lake or river........ :lol: :lol: I like mine now better because I like a bait that has some part of the bait floating up off the bottom and when I T-rig mine about half of the bait is raising up of the bottom some like a tail making it easier to attract fish and easier for the fish to pick the bait up. I T-rig mine too and they have been catching a lot of fish. I think my baits will do well once folks begin using them and develope a confidence in them. Like I said earlier, I have got a lot of folks here locally doing well with them on many different lakes and rivers and that is why I decided it is time to bring them up and out for discussion. I would not want to talk up a bait before I have thoroughly had field testing done and it has proven itself.
softy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:27 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Well you know me.....I run thru it WOT where others FTT {fear to tread}LOL Tail end float'n up??? yeaup I can see where that would work.......nothing like a good tail stick'n up in the air to get your attention!!! LOL CYA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:06 am 

JOJO, I was not talkin bout tails stickin up in the air, I was talkin bout tails stickin up offin the bottom in the water...........Your speakin of wrong kinda tail I'm thinkin..... :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:42 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:15 pm 

Hey Plug, I thought you would have checked your Private Messages by now. I sent you two responses to your post. I will answer it here though......... :lol: :lol: In your first post you said the golf course was in Gallatin and I said you could call when you got here and we could have coffee or lunch or both. Just call when you got in town. Now in this post I am replying to now you say the Golf Course is in Gatlinburg........ :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now Gallatin is just down the road from my house and Gatlinburg is 5 hours away......... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now if the course is in Gallatin we can meet and do coffee and lunch and you can pick up some baits and Yes I would like to have some of the crank baits you mentioned. Now if the Golf course is in Gatlinburg I think we should do it by email or phone calls because it would be less costly on both of us........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My number is on my web site www.softbaitmaker.com along with my email addy. You can access it by going to this post and clicking on my signature. You may want to check your PM's........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks Softy