[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Seeking ideas!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeking ideas!!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:26 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Ok Folks, Over the past year I have made a few attempts to try and find ways to satisfy everyones bait purchasing needs and so far I have not discovered a sure fired way to get that done. In the beginning I had different prices on my baits and that didn't seem to be a working program. Last time I set a fixed price on all the baits except one costing the same amount and for some reason some folks liked that and ordered a lot of baits yet still others have not seemed to show an interest in ordering baits. Now I am going to ask for new ways to promote my baits and I want the ideas to come from you, the anglers. It has been mentioned that alot of your folks don't like to order 50 bag count baits. That tells me you would rather be able to walk into a store and buy a bag of 10 worms and do that 5 times a year rather than purchase 50 baits one time and save 4 trips to the bait store. I guess there is some logic in that but I don't see it unless you just like to shop for baits. My self , I have not walked into a bait shop in 5 years and purchased a bag of soft plastic baits and that is not just because I make baits. It is because I never did enjoy walking into a bait store and purchasing the last bag of baits on a peg knowing that two days earlier there were 10 bags of that same bait hanging there which mean't I got the last bag of the same bait about 5 or more other anglers was also going to be on the lake fishing with. I have always been an angler that wanted to show the fish something different. It has proven many times to be very effective at catching fish. I have proven to alot of anglers here locally just how good something different can be. I have been also successful at proving to quite a few anglers in SC , NC, WVA, GA, TX, WI, MO, AL and AR but not as many as I should be reaching. Now I have come to you for your ideas. Now, the only thing I ask of you is this. For me to turn on the heaters to prepare the plastic takes 45 minutes. For me to mix the colors and prepare the glitter mixes and clean and prep the molds and pouring pans and get ready to make the first bait takes 45 minutes so in order to make the first bait it takes 1 hour. If you order 25 baits and I charge you $10.50 I have just lost $3.00. Plus you have freight on that order. I don't begin to show a profit until I have made at least 50 baits at 22.50 and my profit at that point is $3.75 and it takes approximately 2 hours to make that first 50 baits. How many of you folks will work for $3.75 an hour? The more baits I can pour once the heaters are hot and the plastic is hot and the colors are mixed the more I can make in profit and if I make 200 Baits and it takes 3 Hours I have made about $14.00. Now as you can see I am not in this for the money. I am in this to make a good bait for anglers to be able to catch fish with and have an edge over anglers that walk into a store and purchase the same baits five guys bought 30 minutes earlier. Now every angler that has ever purchased my baits has re ordered baits from me again because they found out that they work. Folks, I am not trying to sell you something that does not work but I am asking you to at least purchase enough baits that I can afford to stay in business and I can't do that if your going to order 25 baits.
I am not going to beg you to purchase something I know will improve your day on the water. I am asking you to think about it and before you begin making those 5 trips to the tackle store to purchase baits copies of baits everyone is fishing have some baits made that and get that edge and just think, if you get 50 baits you won't have to make all those trips. Thanks for your time if you have read this long post. Softy

Post subject: Re: Seeking ideas!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:35 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

ID LIKE TO BE ABLE TO MIX STYLES OF BAITS IN SAME COLORS. LIKE 25 TRICK WORM 25, 25 RIBBONTALE. I TEND TO CARY WAY TO MANY DIFFERENT BAITS LIKE 75. IF I COULD GET 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT SIZES I WOULD BUY MORE OF YOUR BAITS.
PS EMAIL ORDER LET ME KNOW PRICE AND HOW TO PAY. THANKS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:12 am 

Hey MATZUO,
I can do orders like your looking for because your orders still meet the 50 bait order quotas. They are different bait styles but the quanities are still there.
Thank you for inquiring about my baits.
Softy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:34 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:47 pm