[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - materials
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: materials
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Well, I dropped the bucks and got all of the colors and powders in to I hope be able to create this monster ya'll call BlueBack Herring Flukes. I will begin working on them this weekend since my partners and I drew a conclusion that we didn't need to fish in the cold butt weather and wind we have this weekend. Took Saturday and Sunday events off. I fish because I love it and want to enjoy it and anymore if I don't enoy it because of cold weather or winds above 15 MPH I ain't goin cause I don't enjoy it. Warm and Raining I will go and warm I will go but when I have to put on 5 layers of clothes to go I ain't goin..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So tomorrow I will begin creating this bait. I would appreciate it if only one person would describe the color Blue that is on the back of this fish. Is it dark or light and is it more of a Navy Blue or as Royal Blue. Next will one person tell me what color the sides of this fish are. Is it a bright flashy silver or a more off silver more grayish color and will one person tell me what color the bellie or bottom of this bait is. Is it white or pink or yellowish or does the side colors go all the way down on the bottom making it a 2 color bait and not a 3 color bait. Any color help would be greatly appreciated. You folks live where these bait fish live and I don't.
Thanks Softy

Post subject: Re: materials
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:28 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Will let someone else describe the colors but send me a bag when their done :thumbs_up:
PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:54 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

Amen to Softy & Peanut man!!!!

I done been out to see Spooney, Cooter & 390 off to fish their TX's, even brought the wife some breakfast home...now I'm waiting on it to warm up a touch before I go.

Going to look on Google Images and see if I can find a detail pic. of a Blue Back {Alosa Aestivalis}....CYA

but I'm bett'n a pearl bottom/sides w/ a grey-green back....CYA

Heres a picture [their is a bunch of others too]

http://www.lanierspots.com/images/Photo ... C00418.JPG

Maybe this is a start CYA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:46 pm 

I have a feeling God didn't intend for man to make that many colors in a hand poured bait or an injected one for that matter and they change colors as they grow..... :shock: :shock: :shock: So far what I have made is not even close to any of the fish in this picture. If the backs are gray and green then why in the hell are they called Bluebacks..........????? :angry: :angry: Now at least I have something to work with but will have to create the colors cause there ain't nothing out them to match them......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL..

the backs are more blue grey when you look down at them,,

I'll take 100 when you get ready..lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:52 pm 

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: You mean if I can get ready don't you Mike.............. :hmm: :lol: :lol: :lol: All I can do is begin blending colors and see what I can create. I am sure of only one thing IT WILL BE DIFFERENT than anything those fish down there have see.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: Or anglers either for that fact :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:58 pm 

Got so many folks wanting them I don't know who to send a few sample look at baits to because everyone is going to have an opinion about them and we all know what opinions are like........ I might make some and have a buddy of mine take pictures of several different ones and down load them for me so I can post them here and ya'll can discuss it and pick a few different ones you want me to make for ya'll. That would be alot easier than spending $100.00 on postage trying to get it right. What do yall think about that idea?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

hey softy, i fish with with blueback herring a lot for catfishing and what i have noticed is that they vary a lot in colors. i have seen them at a almost royal blue/silver pearl, green/silver, to an almost pure white. i think it all depends where they are caught and what the water temp is. like you said everyone has there own opinion so i'll give you mine. the best colors to use for bait would be to mix a royal blue and a moss green color for the back and have the sides made with a silver/white pearl. maybe even throw in a little glitter in for kicks. like i said this is only one mans opinion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:05 pm 

Well bbj, opinions is what I am asking for so yours counts too. I am not sure that mixing royal blue and moss gren together will make a color worth having but you can bet tomorrow morning I will blend them together and take a look at it. ILike most I think a white pearl color with a little silver added might get teh sides and bottom. I noticed on one of the pictures I found that the adult Blueback has a touch of pinkish shine on it's bellie. :hmm: :hmm: Like I said God made this critter and it is a morfidite freak of frigging nature.................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL..

the nutty professor is back in the lab again...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:23 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I fish with them alot from april to June. They do differ in color. But if you get close combined with the fact it is something different for the fish to look at it will be awesome. Most of the ones I catch on Hartwell during the time they spawn there backs are greenish blue (if that is possible). I think you are close on the sides with the pearl mixed with a little silver. I've never noticed any pink on them. Maybe a little glitter in the sides would help. A lot of there color depends on how the light hits them. I will definately try what ever you come up with. Thank for giving it a try. I'll send you a postage paid padded envelope if you want me to give them a look when you figure one out. Just let me know. I can put it in the mail in the morning if you want me to.

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:01 pm 

I wasn't a nutty professor until some guy who has not even replied to his original post requested a BlueBack Herring Fluke. I noticed this morning that my beard is much much grayer than it was a week ago............I may be the WACKY professor before I get this bait made............. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL..

The good thing is when you get it done, you will be the only one one out there with this color combo..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:28 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Softy, I went back and looked up all post on Blueback herring. I first asked you if you had a fluke in blueback herring color on the post about fishing the stretch 20's in the ditches. I don't know why you say I have not replied. I offered in my earlier post to pay the postage to look at what you come up with and give my opinion. I'm sorry I asked for the color since it is causing you such a headache.

Jason

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:41 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**