[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Super Flukes
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Super Flukes
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:00 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject: Re: Super Flukes
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:38 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:27 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:11 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:30 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:33 am 

I used the standard offset worm hook with the cutting point in 4/0. Not the wide gap. I know it sounds like it would wad up quicker King but it don't.I was fishing Zoom Flukes before the Xtra wide gap hooks were on the market and that is how I figured it out. Now Owner does make Xtra wide gap heavy wire cutting point hooks and I am sure it would probably work just as good as the other that I use. The secret is in that cutting point and the fact that the heavy wire Owner hooks have no flex in them at all and the only way I have ever bent one was with 80 lb Braided line fishing a rock pile. They are by far the best hook made as far as I 'm concerned and I try to fish them all the time but sometimes bank book does not allow that pleasure so if I run short I will go to the Gamas for worm fishing or creature baits and save my Owners for my Flukes. I went to a Fishing show several years back and there was a guy selling Owners for 1.99 for a 5 pack and I bought 25 packs and they have lasted me and still have some of them but supply is getting low so have gone to other hooks for most but not Flukes. Will always have Cutting point Owners in my Flukes.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:51 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

ok i will have to try this out!!

you ever had any luck with useing a red hook softy??

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:58 pm 

I ordered some jigs once and they came with Red hooks in them and i used them but would have prefered black steel myself. I guess I am from the old school of if it ain't broke don't fix it. I don't think that red hooks will get you anymore bites than black ones will.The tackle companies come up with these promotions and sell them to the anglers that this will help you catch fish and that will help you catch fish and some guys fall for it but if your already catching fish why change. That is like sitting on a location and catching fish and jumping up and leaving it to go find fish. Now what since does that make but I know guys that do it all the time. I fish off the back of a few of their boats over the years and finally I tell them if I wanted to go boat riding I would not have paid money to fish the tournament, I would have just went boat riding.8 times out of 10 you will leave fish to go find fish and wind up going back to where you were catching them only to find two boats sitting on the spot you left because they were watching you catch them the first time. I never leave fish to go find fish and nope, I don't go out of my way to buy Red Hooks. JMHO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 pm 

Hey King? Has your fluke hook ups improved and are you getting fish in the boat yet? If so did you try the Owner hooks I mentioned and if so did it help? I noticed that Owner has come out with a new hook that was designed to work on tubes and it has a wider gap then the worm hooks and has an almost round wide gap. I bought some about two weeks ago and tried them out on the Flukes. That 3/0 really fits the fluke to a Tee and the point of the hook lays right against the top of the Fluke and does not hang up on weeds hardly at all and hook ups on strikes are great. Just thought about this post when I began using them and wanted to see if your doing better. Let me know
softy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:31 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

Good info here. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:07 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Do any of you fellas use the weighted hooks? I tried them and give them a :thumbs_up: . I really dont think I will throw one without the weight from now on.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:13 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

u can also try putting a treble hook on the hook. run hook thru nose of bait then run hook thru eye of treble then hook back thru bait. u can leave it hang or hook one point in fluke.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:28 pm 

...Here is how to solve the problem.....1st nose hook the fluke as per usual then
measure the bend of the hook against the body of the fluke....then take pocket knife blade and make a slit completely thru the fluke, coming out the top...insert hook point thru this slit and skin hook or leave open if in open water....this slit
allows your hook to move forward with no resistance and make for a good hook up
when you set the hook.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 am