[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Bait scents and baits Sense
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:45 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:33 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

ive got some of the bass honey but havent tried any of the others. which do you recomend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:27 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

whatcha recommend softy?... :hmm: :hmm: for plastics such as jigs, and for hard baits such as crankbaits ? :hmm:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 pm 

Well, Freak, I have been telling folks about Crossbows Hawg Sauce for about the last 6 months and it;s like I said in an earlier post about scents. I have used them all over the last twenty or so years but I have never had fish react to a scent like his before. I guess by now you have figured that I fish alot of soft baits including jigs. I fish Tubes by the ton and putting hs gel scents in the hollow part of a tube or packing a jig skirt with on of his oils will definately improve your hook ups. I have had bass hitb a tube on the fall in 20 plus water on a t-rig and you can see your line jump and then fish turn it loose and then come back and hammer it again and stretch your line plum out cause on the first strike they got a taste of it and when they come back and hit it the second time they mean business. I talked Crossbow into buyng an advertisement spot on the site cause I thought folks could use a great scent product that I have faith in and use. I guess I was wrong. I talk with Crossbow regularly and he said very few folks are buying his products from the site as best he can tell. I use his Garlic gel and his Honey gel and his Crawfish gel. His new formula are even better then the original gels cause they don't seperate any longer and are thinner but still a gel and they are selling great up here we I have introduced it to anglers here locally. I gave a jar of the old Formula to a friend one day while out on the lake and told him to try it. He did later that day on a jig and he came up to me about a week later and said , you got anymore of that sweet stuff and I said yea and he said I gotta have some more of that stuff. They are killing my jigs with that stuff on it. He has been using it since early spring and won't go fishing with out it.
I use it on every soft plastic I fish with and my Jigs and trailers and I promise you if you try it you will like it and if you don't I will buy it from you. :hmm: Many folks that use soft plastics that are members here are missing out on a great product for sure....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: JMHO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:57 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

No luck with the stuff Softy. :cry: We got a bottle and have tried it but didn't seem to help. :cry: We were given a bottle and I guess we being no fish catching fools haven't had the bites like you. :cry: That is why we haven't jumped on the ban wagon and ordered any more.

Not knocking the Product and just giving you my 2 cent on the post and why we haven't placed an order, JMHO.

Good Luck to those that are making it work.

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:16 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I bought a bottle of the spray and a tube of the gel. Then I bought a tube of the bass honey gel. The bass honey works great. The problem I had with it is that it seperates after a while. Softy, you said he has a new formula that doesn't seperate? I may need to try it. Because the fish love the bass honey.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:38 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Im a scent believer...I got a spray bottle of that new Gulp stuff, and I think it sucks. I will be trying some of CB's stuff here soon. I just want something that stays on after ONE cast (at least).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:41 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:14 pm 

I recieved some of Crossbows new formula's about 3.5 weeks ago and I place two bottles of it on a shelf to watch it and it has remained the same consistency and I took it to thelake and I love the new stuff even more. It's easier to work with and I put it in those Mustard and ketchup bottles you buy at Walmart with the snap on lids and I use it all the time. When I get ready to use it I just shake some down to spout tip and squeeze. Folks , you catch fish if you use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:01 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I need to order some today. I'm going to Hartwell all next week. I need to get it here before next week. The honey works well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:57 pm 

You get it ordered and I know he will get it to you in time.