[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Favorite Style and Colors
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:31 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

:?: More help needed re: favorite styles and colors and when and how to use them? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:56 pm 
Keowee Moderator
Keowee Moderator

combination willow/colorado with white skirt and chartruese trailer. i fish it in brush, along rip rap, most any where. one of my favorite lures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:21 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

mini me dirty bird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:19 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Hey Bob---I use my favorite Spinnybait, in my favorite color, around my favorite cover,during my favorite time of the year, and with the proper retrieve, that the fish have let me know they want, during peak Lunar Periods and this has really produced for me in the past :lol: :lol: hope this helps------- :roll: MONK :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:27 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:11 pm 

personally I like the Hawgcaller triple willow leaf 3/8 oz. with white and chartruese skirt... But that's just me... retiredguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:29 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

WHITE---tandem blades--don't really matter who makes it, long as it has a good tick to it---3/8 and 1/2oz.---always a trailer and trailer hook

That's my story and I'm stickin to it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:38 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i'm with RTG on the Hawg caller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:21 am 

Big Monk hit the nail on the head. White with blades that I can feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:25 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

I'm a stone cold solid Bill Dee's SOB spinnerbait man. I've tried them all, but I've narrowed it down to a few.

#1 color is PS04 Blue Glimmer. w/ silver blades

#2 color is Chart/Blue/White. w/ gold blades

I use these 2 colors in 1/2oz Mini-Me, 3/8 and 3/4oz sizes mostly.

#3 color is Chart w/ Flo. red and copper colorodo blades This is our Muddy Water Special 3/8oz mostly

and you always got to keep a couple of 1oz in the first two colors for DEEP water or Windy days. If I'm tring to fish deep I go w/ single willow. Fast up near the suface {like clear water-hunting fish} I go to dlb. willow. If I need a thump {in muddy or COLD water} I use Colorodo or Mag. Willow.

This is the SHORT version....I could right a book!!! LOL CYA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:42 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

Hope no one from around here reads this..... :evil: :twisted: I don't use a blade bait alot but when I do it is because The bass have moved into the shallows for prespawn and are in the tree tops. I use a solid white Picasso. White skirt white head 2# 4 white willow blades and white trailer. Now the secret to it is UM Um Um I take a tooth pick and some red paint and draw two very small red lines on an angle across the blades. And how many fish did we all cacth back when we were young on a red and white dare devil...........................??? Well it still works to day to folks but in the spinner baits it works even better..............lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:08 am 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

You guys are really great with the responses. These tips give new anglers(and a lot of us older guys) somethings to try that can help fill our limits, or just help us have some fun fishing. Thanks guys. But don't stop now, inquirying minds want to know. bass10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:05 am 
Wateree Moderator
Wateree Moderator

Chartruese/white skirt combo willow/colorado blades with chartruese split tail trailer soaked in LPT and tips dipped in red garlic spike it. Slow rolled through anything and I mean sloooooww. That's pretty much my confidence bait and I always catch something on it. Not necessarily LM's but something. *LOL*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:49 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

fish are shallow (1-4 feet).........................1/4oz
everyday fishing (little deeper than 4').......3/8oz -----generally my go to size
little deeper or windy days........................1/2oz
winter time..............................................1 1/4oz or 1 1/2oz :shock: (you better break out that flippin stick :wink: )

Clear water........... White and willow blades
Off Color water...... white/chart with either double willow blades or colorado/willow blades
Stained water..........chart with either willow/coloado or double colorado
Muddy water (less than 1' visibility) solid color like black or brown/orange with double Colorado blades.

I like triple blades if I know fish are chasing bait actively. And only triple willows.

I like trailers, I experiment between twin-tail and curly-tail........seems I have more luck with twin-tail when swimming and curly-tail when yo-yo'ing.

I like keeping a bait as compact as possible, thus I've never taken a liken to those long armed single spin baits of the past.

10-14lb test line most of the time. 17lb with Tha Big Gun........anything less and it will break the line just throwing it :shock:

JoJo's SP04...................had one, lost it, he won't let me have another :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:25 am 

Terminator T1 in the colors stated above.