[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - ETEC starter problem
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ETEC starter problem
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:43 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I got a 2006 ETEC 150 HO and my satrter went out. The gear on the top of the motor broke in half ( this smaller gear turns a bigger gear that turnes the bendix). how can i go about getting just that gear? i cant seem to find it on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://epc.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=E&s1 ... 92ba28fe38

once you have the part number you can order it from any dealer or from an online parts warehouse..

Post subject: Re: ETEC starter problem
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:47 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

thanks mike!!

next problem is ... i found the page that i need but i dont have the part that i need on there.. i dont know what to do now. the part that i am needing is under the housing that is around the bendix and this dont break everything down that far.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:46 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

You have to be very clear on your model number for this item as BRP didn't make the 60 * Etec in 2006, 2007 was the first year for them. The starters aren't similar.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

8 0342881 GEAR, Drive, starter or
9 0342880 GEAR, Pinion & shaft

CM is correct need to model no to be 100 % sure ..

Attachments:
convert.gif
convert.gif [ 7.47 KiB | Viewed 7357 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

ok how do i make sure that i got the right model number?? based off the diagram mike posted i need part # 8. i didnt see a model number on the starter.
on a side note this is the second started that this has happened to in the last year and a half.. why would they make this gear so cheap? i doubt that i got the bad one out of the group twice. and would yall know if this is normally something that would be covered on an extended warranty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

extended warranty should cover it.

the motors model number will be located on the port side clamp bracket w/ the serial number and epa info.. its a white-ish tag

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:28 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

model number E150DHLSUF
it show up on the parts catalog as a 2007 but the tag on the motor shows made in april 2006. but when i go to the parts catalog all i see is the starter motor to select from and that isnt the same picture that mike put up there. i think i will need that picture cause it shows the part i need (#8) , but i cant find it where i am looking. how did you find that one or where do i need to go to get it?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:55 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

thanks for the help mike and champ.. i got brp taked in to replacing it for me due to this being the second starter that has went out on this powerhead while it was still under factory warranty, the powerhead was replaced 13 months ago. they wanted the extended warranty company to do it and FPC was acting like they didnt want to. long story short after talking to brp they desided to replace the whole starter for me. but again thanks for all of the help. the links that yall gave me will be very helpful