SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

UPDATE: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Bass tournament on Dec.17th. This will be our second Annual "Mr. Hartwell Bass Tournament" put on by Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine. $125.00 a boat; no teams one man per boat We will pay one spot, 100% payback. Quality contingency prizes for 2nd through 5th. We will launch out of Portman Marina, Safelight till 3 p.m. This is a open tournament; everyone is invited. Registration will be at Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine, starting Thurs. Nov. 10th and will end Dec. 14th. There will be NO ALABAMA RIGS ALLOWED in this tournament.
THE LAKE WILL BE OFF limits Dec.14th - 16th!!!!
Registration is now open at Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine. Your boat number will be determined in the order that you register.
YOU MUST COME BY BOAT CHECK AT LAKE HARTWELL FISHING AND MARINE ON THE MORNING OF THE TOURNAMENT. WE WILL HAVE PEOPLE CHECKING LIVEWELLS AND THEY WILL TIE A FLAG ON YOUR TROLLIING MOTOR ONCE YOU HAVE BEEN CHECKED IN. NO FLAG ON TROLLING MOTOR NO FISHING!!!
If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer them for you. You can come by the store or call us at
864-287-9782

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:58 pm 

This is cock-stars cousin. I have a few suggestions/ comments about this tourney

It's funny that "Mr Hartwell" tourney still outlaws A rigs bc of people crying because they don't ant to throw them. Should rename it "Mr December with no A rig"

I don't even throw them but could care less if anybody else wants to or not. If anybody can walk into a store and buy it, then it should be legal.

I bet Randy would never agree to a tourney where you couldn't throw a jig or Texas rig ....same difference.. It's fair game to anyone to wants to buy one and fish with it.

Better yet if you don't want people throwing certain baits why not move the tourney to warm weather?

If so then I guess no bed fishing either?? Would you outlaw top water plugs?? Some of those baits have 3 treble hooks on them for a total of 9 hooks....which is about twice as many as the A rig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:30 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

If you don't like the rules , don't fish it no need for all this

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:30 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

for the record.... Randy is not involved in the making, format nor cooking of this event. So for future reference know what your talking about. If you have any questions about this tourney come to store and see Barry, it was my idea.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm 

Looks pretty dang cut and dried to me. It says in all caps, NO A RIGS. Don't like it, go find a tournament that allows the rig, live bait, or what ever else you feel is needed to make the winner a "true champion". There's a reason all the pro tours outlawed it and it's not because someone whined. It adds way too much luck and I commend Barry/Lake hartwell marine for putting on this tournament and sticking to their rules. Theres enough tournaments on hartwell that allow it. Glad to see 1 where you aren't forced to throw that damn thing all day to have a chance to win.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm 

Looks pretty dang cut and dried to me. It says in all caps, NO A RIGS. Don't like it, go find a tournament that allows the rig, live bait, or what ever else you feel is needed to make the winner a "true champion". There's a reason all the pro tours outlawed it and it's not because someone whined. It adds way too much luck and I commend Barry/Lake hartwell marine for putting on this tournament and sticking to their rules. Theres enough tournaments on hartwell that allow it. Glad to see 1 where you aren't forced to throw that damn thing all day to have a chance to win.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Remember folks last day for registration is Dec.14th and the lake is off limits Wed. thru Friday. Come join us and good luck

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:41 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Wed. is the last day for sign up