[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Tri City OPEN - Lake Jocassee - April 26
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:46 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Tri City will have it's first Jocassee tournament of 2014 on April 26th... out of Devils Fork Park. It will be OPEN to anyone that wants to fish and we should have 40+ boats. (Had 55 on Russell last week)

Saturday, April 26, 2014
Devils Fork boat ramp
$25 per boat entry (includes big fish entry)
80% payback (100% for BF)

Safe light till 3pm
5 bass limit - State Limits
(12" min smallies & spots / 14" min on largemouth)
Artificial lures only - No trolling allowed
Participants subject to livewell checks

Contact me for more info at.... rwoodall5@gmail.com
Or call 634-0924 any day between 5:30 pm ~ 11:00 pm

Thanks,
fish2much

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:33 am 

how many places do you pay back?

400 ROS - Racin Mercury
2016 21XRS Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

3 places. regardless of turnout. We keep 20% for the club's end of year fishoff.
If we have 40 boats (should have more) we will pay out the following...

1st $320
2nd $200
3rd $120
BF $200

We should have over 40 boats because we're had 5 tournaments this year and our lowest turnout was 49 boats.

Call me if you need to discuss.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Just wanted to bump this up so you guys wouldn't forget to come out to Jocassee this weekend. I was up there on Friday and the fishin' was good. We should have csome good catches this weekend. Hope the weather stays warm and hope to see you on Saturday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 pm 

i heard the big fish pot was paid up and busted in the same day. can a non-member get in on the big fish pot? :hmm:

400 ROS - Racin Mercury
2016 21XRS Bullet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Just so there is no confusion....We have a big fish pot every tournament and everyone's entry covers that. The other thing that some of the "members" do is a side pot and it's called the 6 POUND POT. You have to be a member and you have to catch a bass over 6 pounds in a "closed" tournment.
The guy that won did get caught up on the day they busted the pot but so did 3 other guys. We also had 3 guys get caught up the week before the pot was busted. Getting "Caught up" means they had to pay $5 for every tournament that the rest of us had already fished. And the pot had not been busted in over a year.

We paid out a bigger pot about 5 years ago when my partner paid $200 to get caught up and he took home $3660. Well worth his investment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:11 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Did the "6 pound pot" pay out at Russell? I overheard a few people talking. I thought that was an "open" tournament. Also, how can some one go 40 ($5 x 40 = $200) tournaments without paying into the "6 pound pot" and then catch a 6 plus pounder and take "ALL" the money? Just wanted clarification? I think you will be getting alot of questions over those kind of situations. Seems like you have a good trail just be careful with it. Tight lines!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:53 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

The POT got busted in our last "closed" event on Hartwell (3/29) but I don't carry that kinda cash with me to the lake so the guys got paid at the next tournament. (happend to be an "open" o Russell)
The POT is kinda like the lottery... We have a lot of members that don't get into the POT until it's up to $1500 or so. We also have members that don't pay their $5 fee unless we're on a lake they like but they have to get caught up when we fish the lake they're comfortable with.

These guys were members in the past but had not been in the current POT. The POT had not been busted since 2012 so it cost them $120 each for the 24 tournaments they had missed. There were 5 or 6 members that got into the POT within the last two tournaments and a couple of them we members all of last year.

The ruling for the pot is.... You have to be a "paid member" and be "caught up" for all closed tournaments prior to blast off to be eligible.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:07 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Need to correct myself... I just checked my records for the past two years and learned that the guys that busted the POT were not members until this year.

Also, I should not have called it a "ruling" because it's not part of the official club rules. The 6 POUND POT is just something that some of the guys do for the fun of it. (outside club rules)

As club president, tournament director, treasure, secretary, and and overall manager.... I make the calls on any issues / questions that arise during these events.