SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:33 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Benefit Tournament
Rick Mullins and Family
Lake Hartwell December 2nd, 2017

Due to a tragic accident Nov. 6th, 2017 Rick Mullins
lost his best friend, wife, and the mother of his children
Kerry Mullins.

While putting their daughter on the school bus Kerry was
struck by a car in Starr S.C. As you can imagine the
unexpected, untimely loss has left Rick and his Family in
a time of need.

Monetary donations will also be excepted

Greenpond Landing
Safelite-3pm
$80 entry/ includes $10 bigfish
$5 slotfish
Payout 70%

All proceeds goes to Rick and his Family.

Backwood Bassmasters
Brian 864-245-6036

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 pm 

hey dude whats a slot fish?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:20 pm 

If you don't know what a slot fish is you might want to crawl back under that pontoon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:23 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

a random weight is chosen usually between 2-4lb. Say the weight set for that day is
2.5lb then u wud weigh 1 of your 5 for slotfish and whoever has the closet weight to the 2.5
Over or under wins that pot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:02 pm 

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:33 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

What u talkin bout rawhide????

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:33 pm 

I'm talking about all these people that hide behind a computer name and stir the pot, I thought in America you innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, these people that are 2 faced make me sick they wil talk to you like your their friend but the second your back is turned or not around they talk about you and stir until they have the pot boiling, can these people not just go fish and have a good time, it's got to the point know that if your not in a special click of people, you get talked about when nobody really has any idea of what the real store is or what really happened people just assume that what they told is the truth, give you a example a guy that fishes at keowee supposedly failed a polygraph, fot cheating in fishers of men tournament on lake keowee, all these people put all kinds of stuff on this very site about this guy when they themselves did not have a clue what really happened turns out the tournament director did not like the guy so they failed him and tried to ruin his reputation when the only thing he done wrong was not put his life jacket on when he trailered the boat, I know this guy is 1 of the best fisherman on lake keowee, know with that being said all you 2 faced people and cowards Im telling you that you don't have the balls to say something to someones face don't be putting it on the forums , GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:33 pm 

I'm talking about all these people that hide behind a computer name and stir the pot, I thought in America you were innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, these people that are 2 faced make me sick they wil talk to you like your their friend but the second your back is turned or not around they talk about you and stir until they have the pot boiling, can these people not just go fish and have a good time, it's got to the point know that if your not in a special click of people, you get talked about when nobody really has any idea of what the real story is or what really happened people just assume that what they told is the truth, give you a example a guy that fishes at keowee supposedly failed a polygraph, fot cheating in fishers of men tournament on lake keowee, all these people put all kinds of stuff on this very site about this guy when they themselves did not have a clue what really happened turns out the tournament director did not like the guy so they failed him and tried to ruin his reputation when the only thing he done wrong was not put his life jacket on when he trailered the boat, I know this guy is 1 of the best fisherman on lake keowee, know with that being said all you 2 faced people and cowards Im telling you that you don't have the balls to say something to someones face don't be putting it on the forums , GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 pm 

I know all about it..... and.... had let it go, but since that is your example....

So it had nothing to do with "getting information from a non-tournament competitor during the off limits for information" and the Tournament Director providing an opportunity to save face in spite of the polygraph results. Life Jacket violation, yep lets stick with that. Now granted, so far as I know that is against the stated rules, like them or not.

Nope, sorry... Just don't trust that person. Truth be told, you fail a lie detector on a manner such as that; should be banned. Knowingly violating the rules is a far cry from taking your life jacket off early.

Just my .02, since like you pointed out.... just hiding behind my computer. Happy Holidays as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 pm 

Yeah let's just ban everyone that's either been accused of something or failed a polygraph that's not even allowed in court the tournament director is who decides who passes or fails, the funny thing is its never anyone that's a terrible fisherman it's always someone who puts their time and effort into the game won't never hear no one say anything someone who brings in 1or 2 fish it's always someone that wins, if you go back and look at post people made like the AKA DOCKMASTER all he or she post is negative impact post, the dock master probably has never won a tournament or won one with any competition, and I'm sure your never broken any rule of any any kind. Probably never even broken the the speed limit. Aint many out there that have not broken a rule I promise you that if any whether it's idle under a bridge to fast or fishing somewhere your not supposed to be fishing trying to snag one off the bed throwing that alabama rig, yeah they are a reason it its not allowed in bass and flw, and as far as you not trusting that guy I'll put 500 up against you beating him 1 on 1 yeah I said it.Merry Christmas to all.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm 

Normally not one to engage in such as this, however....

Never broken a rule on purpose. Have I broken rules before, yep, sure have; but NOT intentionally. Cranked the big motor before partner buckled- yep. Forgot and momentarily had two lines in the water - yep. So in instances such as this it is up to the individual whether or not to come clean with tournament director or not, would venture to say most do not.... However, if you knowingly broke a rule intentional or not, you will not pass a polygraph. So I agree we all have had an instance of forgetfulness, but intentional violation is a different matter.... which is exactly what you are saying above is OK. Rules are rules for a reason.

Concerning the individual, have beaten him plenty enough already. Amazingly enough, since said instance; performance seems to have declined. Makes one wonder when spotlight has been cast why did performance change..... Think about it. If you know you are being watched, maybe its not so easy....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

That boy failed that lie detector and I about lost it with tears of laughter ha ha once a cheater always... well you know that saying. Tournament fishing has changed And they make you earn it now can't win the big money cheating anymore. Performance has declined like a. Rocket use to be up now a straight line down. Ho ho ho wonder what Santa is bringing this year

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:24 am 

That is exactly what I'm talking about, why not say anything to someone just get on here and a hide behind a made up name this site should be used to help people catch fish and fellowship instead it's become more of site to bully people, is that what God what want you to do? Stop worrying about everyone else and take care of your on life.w

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:02 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

hehe he just read all this. the guy who was disqualified in that FOM tourney was me. It had nothing to with receiving information- that was a lie that who knows came up with. That was one of the 4 questions they asked me on the polygraph though.. I would have persued legal action if he told me that. the few of you that are jealous of what I have accomplished over time on the water probaly haven't ever finished high enough in a tournament to take a polygraph and understand how one works. I got back to weigh in 10 min early that day, put all my stuff up and checked in while i was floating by the the dock... at south cove the only area to beach the boat is directly down that main bank and it was full so I waited until I had a spot.. a boat finally left and I idoled from the dock to the bank without my lifejacket on. The director called me after the tournament and asked "did you wear your lifejacket today"- I told him yes. He said ok "If you finish in the top 10 tommorow I am going to give you a polygraph" I agreed to it-obviously. I took the polygraph and the polygrapher said "ok your vital signs changed a little when you answered the question about wearing your lifevest but overall you checked out good" "lets go talk to the tournament director and see what he says" we rode back to where the weigh in was and the polygrapher says "you sit here in the car while I go talk to Dave" I watch him walk down to the stage and talk to Dave for about 30 seconds and they both come up to the car.. Odem says "sorry Joe but I have to disqualify you for a Lifejacket infraction" (rule states "during tournament hours" so you think that means until check in but it was determined the other way) obviously I was pissed and had my choice words- but I let it go even until this day. I could have sued and maybe have gotten my winnings but I didnt. Big mistake now that it keeps coming up and people have added the "recieving information" slander to it as well. I never heard that part out of the the Tourney Directors mouth but if someone did personally hear that come out of his mouth Id love to know, because I will deal with that accordingly. On a steady decline since that happened? Performane change? Wow I didn't think anyone thought so highly of my "performance" in the past. Actually I probaly netted more this year than ever. I won a Ram Open, made my first cut in a major tournament, finished top 5 in the skeeter challenge points, and won 10 night tournaments in a row. If all else makes you jealous you oughta see my nice new pretty ranger sitting in the driveway. People are so quick to point fingers when they have no clue what they are talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:10 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

It is also sad that you start a hide behind screen name war on a benefit tourney post where they are trying to get anglers to come out and help support a great purpose.