[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Tuesday Night Cheaters... (Supposedly Caught...)
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:01 pm 

I have been hearing about this for a few weeks now. Just to be clear, I don't have a dog in the fight; I don't fish Tuesday nighters. However... I absolutely despise a cheater, no place for it. I will share what I do know so if anyone sees these folks show up you will be forewarned. My understanding is that they generally are in a beat up 15-16 ft venture bass boat. They have been seen taking fish to and from the docks, in the Bounty Land parking lot after South Cove taking their fish out of their boat (apparently did not release what they caught) to someone else and the fish appeared to be quite alive. I know for sure that they have been at the Tuesday nighters out of Friendship and the same trail out of South Cove. This trail finally asked them to not come back. Also heard.... that they showed and won the Strickland tournament a couple weeks back as well on Hartwell.

I post this simply to allow folks to be informed. Apparently there is a facebook post about them getting caught as well.

Again, just sharing what I have heard.... No, don't know the real truth about how much is fact vs. rumor. However, clearly smoke in the air; where there is smoke there is fire. Hopefully someone has snuffed that fire out.

Yall have a good one. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:47 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I can clarify...they have been caught. The DNR has gotten a full written confession of everything from the two guys. I had been warned about these guys and we were just waiting on them to show. One of them showed to fish on 6/5, but he used a fake name and wasn't in the boat I was warned about. That night he finished 2nd and had big fish ($885). I was suspicious then, the next week one of the guys showed up in the boat I was warned about, the other showed up and signed up under the fake name. I knew then something was wrong. At the weigh in, both of them as separate competitors weighed in 4 fish for more than 16 pounds, each having a fish over 5. I paid them that night. First place, second place, and big...the next morning another competitor called me and reported seeing them in the same boat after dark, that is where the down fall was. That was clearly a rules violation and we had enough physical evidence to have dnr involved. The DNR officer Shawn Hanna was awesome! We were able to get some more info from social media, and put together enough to warrant the officer contacting the young man involved, once contacted the man confessed to cheating, picking up the other man at Apple island, the other man had fish with him that he didn't catch during tournament hours, brought him back to weigh in early (but not early enough) they each weighed in acting as if they didn't know each other...even though as it turns out, the guy with the fake name was his father. I watched these guys along with other competitors after weigh in, noticed obvious nerves from the older gentleman, and definitely knew they were misleading us. I will definitely post names as soon as they are charged, they will be heading to see a judge Monday or Tuesday, and will be charged. The dad has already said the money will be paid back, and as soon as he does, I am paying the competitors that actually deserved it! I'll definitely keep you guys posted!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:52 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Also...they were asked not to return to the friendship trail, they did fish the Strickland tournament and won it. I hated paying them but had I not, they couldn't have been charged criminally. Glad we finally put it to rest, and I can assure you that the days of these guys fishing tournaments is over! They didn't admit to bringing the fish from another body of water (even though that it definitely what I thought was happening), they admitted to supposedly catching the fish earlier at the same lake and keeping them alive until tournament hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Any update on the names??

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am 

Pics with their names, because they can and have signed up under different names.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:51 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

DNR asked me not to disclose names til it was public record, and it will be public record after the arrest. Update...5 arrest warrants were issued today, and the officer was arranging a time to meet with them (assuming at the jail) The father contacted him yesterday, saying he had ALL the money, so I'm expecting everything to happen today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm 

dats sum sheety bizness, bassturds!

400 ROS - Racin Mercury
2016 21XRS Bullet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

No different than hitting a man on the head and taking his wallet. both of em need an ass whoopin.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:09 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

The club was paid back in full today. The two men will turn themselves in Saturday am and be released on a PR bond.
As a result , there are teams that will be paid for the actual place they finished
6/5
Anders/Anders $390
Hilley/Lawrence $265
6/12
Senn/Johnson $755
Dudley/Davis $490
Lesley/McGahey $195
Please help me spread the word as I don't know all these guys personally.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:11 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Also, I hope this doesn't deter anyone from coming out. I encourage everyone to come out tomorrow night, the warden will be there at 5pm to answer any questions any of you may have. Tomorrow night's tournament will be back to the original time of 6pm-10pm. Hope to see you guys there

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

That’s awesome that the teams got there money back. And that’s a great job on your part 7shadrap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:08 pm 

Great job! ALL tournament directors could sure take your lessons and apply them accordingly. Really glad to see you had the fortitude to follow thru on this issue on behalf of all of us honest competitors. While I don't know you personally, if I were to decide to fish night tournies in the future would certainly come fish with your Tuesday trail. You should be proud of your self. Nothing speaks louder than actions. Again, glad to see the honest folks get what they deserve and the cheaters getting theirs. I can only assume this will be misdemeanor space legally, but none the less a huge statement for any of those folks who may be doing the same type stuff and just have not gotten caught yet. Yes, names please and what county they are being charged in. That way we can all go look for ourselves and you don't get in trouble for posting un-authorized pictures. Thanks again for following thru.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Glad to hear the money is back but that seems like an aweful soft sentence tho.
Just my opinion tho. I’m sure there is “more” but still. I think it should be a more severe
Thing than turn yourself in and then get right back out

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

From one tournament director to another. (tip of the cap) My hats off to you. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Its unfortunate that this is still going on but hopefully these 2 wont be seen around anymore tournaments.

And to echo what F2M said ~ Thank you for your due diligence and helping protect the sport we love!!

Michael