SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:13 pm 

What a day! And when you hear that term on Lake Bowen most of the time it means some good fish were caught, NOT TODAY! 3 fish total were weighed in out of 10 boats that entered the tournament. With frigid cold air and water temps, fishing proved to be what most of us thought it would be, SIMPLY TOUGH! The legends, Kip Josey & David Stewart managed to catch 2 fish that weighed 7.1lbs for a very deserving 1st Place finish! Congrats to you guys on a long, tough day on the water. 2nd place with 2.1lbs was Billy Taber & Pete Sherbert. After a cold day I know everyone left anticipating the spring warm-up. Little did we know we were in for yet another snow storm. Hopefully the weather will turn the corner soon, i myself would like to shoot that groundhog sometimes...lol! That little rascal cant be a fisherman!!! Anyway I appreciate everyone who braved the cold and came out to fish. We still manage to have a good tyime with all the cold weather!

I would like to make an announcement as I have previously that the March tournament has been rescheduled to March13th to accomodate the Southern Sportsman Classic to be held on March 20th.

A new announcement for the Bowen Bassmasters - - Anyone/team wanting to fish 1 tournament, and 1 tournament only, will be allowed to do so without having to pay a membership fee. This rule will be eliminated to entice more and more fisherman to come out and join us as we have a great time in a competitive atmosphere. Again, I am waving the membership fee for 1 tournament, and 1 only, also with this said if you fish 2 or more tournaments you will be required to pay membership fee as everyone else has! If you have any questions or would like a copy of the rules,etc for the Bowen Bassmasters please feel free to contact me at any time via email at petesherbert@scfbins.com or by phone at 864.398.1533.

Points Race: As of 2.20.2010

1st - Kip Josey/David Stewart - 421 pts
2nd - Derek/Dustin Compton - 386 pts
3rd - Steve/Tim Prosser - 378 pts
4th - David Sullivan/Nick Wolfe - 362 pts
5th - Pete Sherbert/Billy Taber - 332 pts

*Also if anyone would like a copy of the full points race feel free to contact me and ill get them to you.

Good Fishing To You All & God Bless,

Pete Sherbert