SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have had some growing pains & I am trying resolve them to make the site faster and easier to navigate.

Tonight I willbe resync'ing the database to attempt to speed up the site.

Logging in - if you have prillian active then it should eliminate this problem.

Prilliam is an instant messaging program & will notify you if you have any new PM's in your inbox. Once you launch Prillian it will bring up a small window where you can see everyone that is currently online. If you minimize this window it will continue to run & hold your log in information. When you get done here just close that window too. When you come back it should open automaticly & then again you just minimize it.

Poll's - anyone can run a poll for anything. Its pretty simple. Poll question is the question your asking. Poll option - This is the answeres to that question that you want them to vote on. Want more options just keep hitting the add option button & it will add up to 10 items.

Attachments - Want to show off that fish? Heres how - Click the Browse button & select the file location. Then click the add file button to upload it to the site. Thats it..simple..lol

Chat rooms - We have two chat roms. At the top under the banner ad there is a row of links that starts with FAQ. The 4th link is "Chat room"
By clicking on it, it will open a new window. A pop up box will appear asking you to install some software. Click yes the chat will start connecting to our room. This wil take about a min or two depending on your connection speed.

Chat room #2 - Quick chat..lol This one is a little smaller. To enter it look at the bottom of the main index page. (Board Index link is at the top left of all pages)
There is a an area called "who's online" the next to the last line is a link "click to chat".

The reason for 2 is so we can run 2 rooms on different subjects if nessasary. Lets say one chat could be about the upcoming tour on lake x & the other could be about water levels on the broad river. For now this is a non issue as we are only having chats on monday night in the main room but we're looking to the future & making preperations.

User info - Please go in at the top & look in your user control panel. There is a link in there to the left that is to the "Profile". Please update & fill in all the info. You can also have your picture in there.

There is a section called "Personal gallery" This section is where you wil be able to upload all the pictures you want so you can share them. I am working on this now & it should be up next week.

FAQ - Got questions on how some of the site works or how to make it work for you. Click on that link & it will walk you through a good bit of the options installed here. You can always e-mail or call me as I am never too busy to help.

I'll do everything I can to make the site a great place to be.

Mike :wink: