SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 am 

Recieved my new custom jig rod Wensday built by one of our boards finest ( ALX Custom Rods).Just wanted to say samething alot of board members have already said.
Alex is very professional,and very Southern friendly person and one impressive custom rod builder! If the rod fishes anywhere near as good as it feels & looks in my hands, it want be the last rod he builds for me!
It almost made me skip work to go slide some jigs under the docks on Wylie.
I just CAN'T see paying big bucks for off the shelve rod when we fishermen have such a talanted resource here in the Carolinas.
Remember support our Board Sponsors! They are here because they also love fishing & sharing other hobbies.
Thanks Again Alex! :thumbs_up:
Frank Arnold

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Please provide us some feedback, look forward to hearing them. Been meaning to get with ALX too.

Wanted to get my pop for Christmas this year a new super light rod but still have plenty of back bone and sensitivity. His favorite style of fishing is CR off the back seat on the lazy chair :wink: :thumbs_up: . He's getting at the young age of 60 and does not like heavy rods anymore. Plus he always ends up shaving off some of the handle too, says it hurts his palm after 3 - 4 hours of fishing. A custom handle fitted for his palm, hand, or style of fishing will be nice too.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:08 pm 

Alex can handle those needs with no problem!

You take it EASY ON US OldFarts & most of all cherish your DAD! ----I'M 55 LUCKy enough to be able to stand on the front of my boat, compete all WEEK LONG FISHING AGAINST YOU "YOUNG KIDS".....the older I get the better Ya'lls money spends!...OH YA .. [schild=19 fontcolor=FF0000 shadowcolor=00008B shieldshadow=1]CAN YA TIE MY LINE SONNIE?[/schild]..........LMAO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm 
Thanks for the kind words Frank. Tear them up this weekend!

33788 - Sounds exactly like my Dad. He sits and fishes in the back all day. Wants lightweight and he doesn't palm a reel so the handle shape is real important. We definitely can set him up in something he loves. One problem - he's only going to want to fish that one stinkin' rod once he gets it! (Mainly because you gave it to him and had it made just for him!)

Head's up as an Xmas gift - Get with me by the end of October. I start booking up pretty early on Xmas gifts.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:31 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Alex built me a rod just for my style of fishing and it performs great. It is light but has lots of backbone near the handle. Sensitivity is awesome.I can feel evry little twig or rock. The tip is flexible enough that I can flip the rod with my wrist and aend a 3/16 SB right where I want it.

AND if you order one make sure you get the MICRO guides and have Alex spiral wrap them. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: