[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - abu revo reels
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:05 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: abu revo reels
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:34 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

any body tried one of the new ambassduear revo reels ??

Post subject: Re: abu revo reels
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:40 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

i just bought two today for my new Crazyfish Rods, I havent used them yet but ive heard nothing but good stuff bout them, can't wait to try em out they sure are smooth. givn them a test drive tomm Ill let you know details afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:04 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

thanks for the update, im a ambassudeur die hard fan, i have several brands of reels (calcuttas,brownins,quatums,etc)but abu`s, can take neglect for YEARS and still work near perfect for a long time.I own several morrums, pro maxs, etc,....just cant beat em. When ever i get the xtra cash ill probally try one...which one did you buy? the entry level (8 bearings) sx or the top dog stx (10 bearing) ???

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:03 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I bought two of the Revo SX's and i got to use them today. They were sweet. I can throw a fluke in the wind farther than I have ever been able to before. Ive always used citicas, curado, and rick clunn sig. series. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a great relationship. You can adjust two different ways on the reel. It is smooth as silk and easy to hold all day. I wouldn't hesitate bro.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:19 pm 

Got a chance to use a prototype of the revo last summer before it was released. I was impressed with how light the reel was, and how smooth the retrieve was. Only thing I didn't like about it was the shape, I think it would take a little getting used to. Hope to get a few for christmas!!! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:14 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I just put two on Two new Crazy fish Rods and they are sweet. I bought the SX's from D-wayne up at port tronics and he sold two more while I was in there. I think everyone likes them. but they fit perfectly with my new Rods. and I like how easily I can adjust them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:45 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Andrew, just picked up the ABU GARCIA REVO STX about a week ago, and love it, very satisfied, as money allows down the road, will pick up another,very light weight , small, and very comforable in hands,(low profile)......highly recommend !! can sling the lightest of weight country mile... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:32 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:44 am 
Jocassee Moderator
Jocassee Moderator

I have picked two Revo SX's on Ebay... about $120 each...including shipping.

With all them BALLS I must be getting another 30-50 ft on each cast when i really load up and shoot the worm/plug out there..

Really smooth.. I have seen a few go under $100 plus shipping but just a few.. that's the SX version..

Smooth..

Mine already have boat rash.. must be a little soft on that end..

You can really zip a spinner bait out there with them..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:35 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

king of hill , to compare to old stlye curados is night day differance, if comparin to sx, or stx model, the regular s model is kinda like entry level, you woulndt think there would be that much differance in the models but THEY ARE, i have a couple of curados and i like em cause there similar to the ambassadeurs , but i have the calcuttas and i like them better, i use alot of different reels, but in my arsenal youll see what i have the most of,.... ambassudeurs !! 3600`s, pro maxs, morrums , revos ,etc, ...they are to me without a dout the longest lastin reel, that can take alot of abuse, and are fairly easy to work on, than any other reels i owned, now i cant say that for the revos yet bein that they are new to the market...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:11 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I've got three 5500c's I bought in 1987...use them every sat and they are still the best reels I own...I did but two Johhny Morris reels to pitch jigs and they are 99% backlash free...very smooth.