[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Camo'ing a Jon Boat
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camo'ing a Jon Boat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:50 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

CM and I was talking about this today and I promised him some pictures, so here they are. To let everyone else know how I did it, get you some Krylon Camo in a spray can. Get you some posterboard and draw shapes on the postboard. Then get an exact-o knife and cut the shapes out (watch all appendages and keep them out of the front side of the knife :shock: ). place posterboard over the object desided painting. Spray. Lift posterboard, not to let it drag across and smearing the paint. Let dry and them apply second color.

Here's the floor I made and the War Eagle box that I repainted. CM you can see how I didn't paint the top, no-skid will be placed on that instead as a dog stand.

Here you can see how I added a lower skirt to the original control bracket to add my 12volt power source for spotlight. I also upgraded the navigation light switch to a more modern switch and added my bow lights with a matching switch and the LED courtesy lights have a switch too......the round pull knob is the bilge pump. Depthfinder is just that....a p.o.s. and the RAM GPS mount works awesome.

More pic's to come.

Post subject: Re: Camo'ing a Jon Boat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:54 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Here's the bow mounted lights I made (base and brush guards).

Know you got a better idea what I was talking about.......right now I'm currently camo'ing the trolling motor too.......that's a little touchy there, with all those rounded surfaces.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:26 pm 

Looks Great! Better job than I did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:31 am 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Looks good Stephen. I hate to see you taking time away tfrom your fishing though :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:55 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

Very nice job Stephen! Ol Sophie will look good riding on that box. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:14 pm 

wow,,, headlights...... looks great Stephen.. retiredguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:00 pm 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Professional Look'in Damn Good Job!

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Thanks gang...........it's really not that hard to do. My good friend Hal told me how to do it. Thus me only going on word of mouth, I gave it a try.

The bow mounted lights work great......I very rarely use the spotlight anymore in the mornings now.......however if I had more than a 25hp motor on the boat, I'd not relie on them near as much.......eventhough they are 55 watt driving lights, they just don't shine far enough for speeds above 30mph in my book.

One thing I'd done differently ............ made the brush guards out of thicker steel (aluminum if I could have gotten my hands on it)......I had to settle with what I had due to season around the corner.......next year it will be 'right' !

Thanks again.

p.s. COOTER-TURTLE......no worries, season ends Jan 29th :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:34 pm 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

LOL You fergot to hide them big Red n Green C-Rig weights.... LOL good looking paint job....I just "Tiger Striped" mine....CYA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:18 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Hey JoJo ol Buddy
If you ever want to borrow those stinciles I made you are more than welcome ....... I'm sure Bryan will love the Triton's New Look. :???: :roll: :lol:

You mentioned you 'just Tiger Striped ya'll's' .......... I didn't know ya'll had a lumnie boat ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Many things you don't know about JoJo 391. Man of mystery.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:49 pm 

Looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:45 pm 
Russell Moderator
Russell Moderator

Thanks Tripp !

If that spot ever shows back up on the Skeeter's topcap from Fred's L. Hartwell Girlfriend :shock: just let me know, camo wetland grass would look good at hiding it :grin: