[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Bass Boat Saver
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:48 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bass Boat Saver
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:18 pm 

I bought a gallon of the stuff @ www.bassboat saver.com and so far only used it on the Suburban and boat trailer. WOW! :grin:

I misted very lightly and wiped it off. (even the windows and black running boards)

Looked like I'd just waxed the truck/trailer and used Armor-All on the running boards. Makes them look great without being slippery.

This stuff is suppose to work like a dream on the scum line and from what I read you won't have one, or it will come off real easy.

I'll post when I use it on the boat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:34 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Let me know how it works, I checked out the site and it looks like an awesome product. I have some areas of oxidization on my boat that I was thinking maybe it would help too. From the sounds of it, seems like it can do about anything. Anyone that can recommend oxidization products or removal techniques please post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:35 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Let me know how it works, I checked out the site and it looks like an awesome product. I have some areas of oxidization on my boat that I was thinking maybe it would help too. From the sounds of it, seems like it can do about anything. Anyone that can recommend oxidization products or removal techniques please post.

Post subject: Re: Bass Boat Saver
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:39 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

BBS is a great product. I use it on everything on the boat, trailer, and motor. It will even get light stains out of the carpet! The water line (if there is one ) will wipe off with no effort at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:00 pm 

I tried it on one side of he boat and it looks great ! I cannot believe how the plastic trim looks like you put "color me black" on it.

This gallon should last quite along time because all it takes is a light mist.

I'll post when I go fishing this week and see how clean it comes out of the water.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:42 pm 
Keowee Moderator
Keowee Moderator

I'm going to get some and try it on"my" boat. It stays in the water at a marina, so you can imagine the scum line on it. I try to get it out and cleanit once a month, so I hope this stuff makes the job easier! It certainly can't hurt. I will post results next time I clean it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:12 pm 
Wateree Moderator
Wateree Moderator

Would it be best to wax your boat first? Or just put it on instead of waxing?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:42 pm 

Not sure but it looks/feels as if it was waxed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:51 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

It does have wax in it, but most people that I have talked to about it say they will wax their boat 1 or 2 times a year. I'm not sure yet cause mine looks like it has fresh wax on it from the BBS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:05 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

went to their web. site and the price is $30 per gal. + shipping----BM or Dink did yall get it any cheaper and anyone local handle it?????

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:40 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

I have been trying to get the owner to call me back so I can be a distributor and staff member but he is too busy to call me. It is good stuff! CM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:15 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I think that's what I paid. I ordered it from them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:35 am 

I think it came to $39.99 or $39.95 which includes shipping.

Seems like a lot, but I used very little so far. I set the spray bottle on a light mist and that's all ya need. I'll bet it last's quite along time.

I used to buy Meguiar's Spray Boat wax ( which can be used on wet surfaces ).
BPS $7.99 for 16 oz but you can't use it on windows, electronics etc...
16x8 = 128 oz = $ 65.92 minus shipping.

I'm not selling the stuff, but so far it really works great on all surfaces. The real test will be when I go out next time and see how it helps keep the boat clean and makes wiping down easier.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:29 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:18 pm 
NC Lakes Moderator
NC Lakes Moderator