[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - My Preferences
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Preferences
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:45 pm 
Jigs Section Moderator
Jigs Section Moderator

I'm a little partial I guess, but for nearly 15 years I have been fishing Daiwa rods and reels. On occasion, some reel came along that I thought I'd try, and I still carry them and use them in some circumstances. But for durability and utility, I prefer Daiwa's. If I can ever get back to work, I want to try some of Daiwa's new models. bass10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:51 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Fenwick and Team all-star and 1 G-Loomis
ABU GARCIA on them all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:37 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Lews an Falcon Low Riders an a couple Kistlers LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:42 am 
Secession Moderator
Secession Moderator

All my new stuff is Falcon....Lowrider & Cara I like the 6-10H models, but I got a 7' Comp. Cranker and I'm shop'n for a 7-6" 7 power Cara for a C-Rig Rod.....

Old Slow Abu- Ambassiduers for Bait casters, but I got to Curados for Plugs 1 5X1 the other is 6X1...

Cheep Daiwias for Spinny reels..really like the $30 Samuri 7 ball bearing reel. I got 2 a 4000 size that throws 15# Ande good a a 3500 that I got 12# on it but 15# on the spare spool...I'm thinking of get'n another couple of them....might even drop down to the 2500 size for the 8# line stuff. I have several Fenwick rods I've used over 20 years... CYA

Post subject: Re: My Preferences
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:33 am 

I like the team diawa rods.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:46 pm 
Reel Wizard
Reel Wizard

Shimano reels on St. Croix Rods, along with a handful of custom rods I built myself from St. Croix, Lamiglas, and Rainshadow blanks. I prefer Chronarch CH-100As, CH-100SFs, and Curado 100Bs. Sevearl of the them have been converted to 5:1 gear ratios for crankbaiting. I used Daiwa reels for years, but after opening my shop, I found that for reliability and ease of maintenance, Shimanos are tops.

jim@heartlandtackleservice.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:47 am 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I am strickly a B200 Curado guy, both B200's and 200SF's, Got 11 of them and the only rods I am using at present are H&H Rods from Texas which I have 4 of and the rest of my rods are Custom made rods by Don Beck at Fishermans Blessing and they are all made on G-Loomis blanks with custom handles and balance weights in them to make fishing a pleasure instead of work. He balances each rod to the reel and type of baits I am going to be fishing on it all the way down to the line size I will have on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:58 am 
Wateree Moderator
Wateree Moderator

Quantum rods and reels. I have one team daiwa flippin stick with a refurb axiom baitcaster that only cost me $5 at the big sale last January. Im eager to get those light and tuff series from Gunfish whenever I get the chance to get up there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:26 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Mine are Curados on Fenwicks and St. Croix..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:04 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I use a reel (real) mix

Bass Reels/Rods: 2 Diawa TDXs, 2 CU200Bs, 2 Calcuttas, 1 Browing Citiori, 1 PLlueger Supreme, 1 Stradic, 1 Biomaster and a mix of Shimano Bantams, I've ordered a Scorpion Met XT - all are lefties. All but one of the rods are BPS Bionic Blades or Extremes. I've found that the thickness of the power grip on these rods is easy on my hands and they don't cramp as much.

Carp/Catfish: Abu 6500s and Shimano Corsairs on Bionic Blades.

Micros/Lights: Shimano Spirexes on Berkleys.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:32 pm 

I guess I'm real lucky because I'm not that hard to please. Last Christmas I got 2 new rods&reels (baitcasters) from BPS at a total cost of about $78.00. Nearly all my other rigs I bought at BPS along with my Spinning Reels. I have several ABU 55003C reels but the rest a just a combination of different manufactured. None of my spinning reels cost over $30.00 and I have about 7, all have caught fish for me. Of all my stuff, the ABUs are the only thing I know for sure who made them. Most of my spinning reels are at least 5 years old (and so is most of the line on them, lol).

I guess my point is, you don't have to spend so much to go out and have fun fishing and catch fish at the same time. This year Santa is bring me 300 Yards of the Stren Braded line (Gold), so I ought to be good for another 5 years... tightlines.. retiredguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:55 pm 

Falcon rods and Shimano baitcasters in varied assortments (favorite are the Chronarchs) are what you'll find in my rod locker. There are others, but as I replace old items, that's what I buy. I do use my old 5500C3s on my carolina rods (7' Falcon Lizard Draggers.)

My spinning outfits are inexpensive and effective. I'm still using my tried and true 6' Berkley Lightning rod spinning rods and Abu Garcia Cardinal spinning reels. Since I've switched to fireline with a floro leader, I love my old spinning outfits that much more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:26 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

I have a mixed bag. Shimano Curado and Chronarch super free, Team Diawa 103, XPS Extreme, Ambassadeur Ultra Mag, some other older BPS reels. I have several of each. Don't use spinny reels.
Rods are mixed also. GLoomis, All Star, and Shimano.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:23 pm 
Wire Bait Moderator
Wire Bait Moderator

Mostly falcon/shimano but I have one scorpion I really like. Use a 4600 on my CR outfit. Several spinning setups but favorite is a shimano reel on a BPS Woo Daves rod. Have a few rods I built but age/technology is catching up to them. Got a big crank rod I bought from Brian at Brians Bees for deep cranking but haven't decided if I like it better than my glass St. Croix.

Blademan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:30 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

I'm a Shimano/Team Diawa guy. Here is how I set my stuff up:

Topwater (Sammy/Spook)
Team Diawa Light & Tough 5RB/Shimano Curado 200B (15lb Big Game)

Topwater (Fluke)
Team Diawa Light & Tough 5RB/Shimano Curado 100B (10lb Vanish)

Cranking (Lil N, Bandit, etc.)
Lews Med. action Glass rod/Abu 5500C3 (10lb Big Game)

Cranking (Stretch, DD22)
Team Diawa Light & Tough 4RB/Shimano Curado 200B (10lb Big Game)

Spinnerbait
Team Diawa Light & Tough 4RB/Shimano Curado 200B (15lb Big Game)

Rig
Team Diawa Light & Tough 5RB/Abu 5500C3 (15lb Big Game)

Drop Shot
All Star modified to 5'10"/Cheap Shimano Spinny reel (10hp Vanish)