[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Fishing ponds (free or pay) around the Aiken, SC area?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:40 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:59 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:21 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:06 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:34 am 
I know I started this topic a while back but since then we had found a private pond to fish in. Unfortunately, our spot is no longer there because the drain pipe at the dam got a hole in it and the pond is gone.

My question is, do those pay ponds listed allow for a small jon boat with a trolling motor (registered)? Or is it fishing from the bank only? I know langley would need a boat, as well as brickyard ponds, but I don't know anything about the others or where you are supposed to park to put a jon boat in. Any other pay to fish ponds in the area that I need to know about? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm 

Can someone please tell me where this floyds pond is ive been looking and cant find directions nowhere by the waway im new here to this site

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

welcome to the site!

Floyd Ponds
50 Floyd Place Road
Graniteville, SC 29827
803-663-7635

https://www.dnr.sc.gov/fish/pdf/FeePaidPonds.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hey Fishin' Bud!
Boyd Pond is a Aiken County Park with a pond. I have never caught a bass out of it, but I have seen a few. Has a path all the way around it. Boyd Pond Rd off Silver Bluff Rd. Maybe seven miles from town. Also further down Silver Bluff Rd. there is Gray Mare Hollow Rd. About a mile in there is a new bridge and spillway for a pond. Watch the No Trespassing signs on the west side, Park in front of the church on the shoulder and fish from the dam. I have caught bass here.
Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:57 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Anyone know who ownes the property known as Graniteville Pond along Hwy. 191 now? I have great memories of fishing that pond as a kid, & would love to be able to fish there again, but there are no trespassing signs everywhere. If anyone knows who ownes the property I'd appreciate it if you would post the info. Can't hurt to at least call & ask. Thanks...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:43 am 

Weldon Wyatt owns everything water fed in and around graniteville and vaucluse, while Gregg park council has been pushing for that to change, old Richie rich isn't playing along.

Old post I know but decided the more people know the better chance of changing it. I too grew up fishing in and around horse shoe and the surrounding ponds with my dad and grandfather. Hopefully one day I can take my kids there to fish as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:47 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm 

I know this is a really old post, but I've been hunting for a place to fish for a while now. I'm not having much luck at Boyd. I'm about to try Floyd pond if I can find it, tried calling that number but no answer. That link isn't working either. Any other places around here that are public, I don't mind paying. I drove around yesterday and just about every pond I saw was posted. How are we suppose to fish if people keep posting the property around them. I swear if I get a house on a pond y'all are welcome to fish it, maybe just charge a dollar a day to keep it stocked. Any who, has anyone tried gem lakes?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:16 am 

I went to Floyds Pond yesterday. They are not open Mondays and Tuesdays. I don't know when you called. I called yesterday, and they answered their phone. Here is their facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/pg/Floyd-Ponds ... 9073444682
$5 to get in, $2 per pound of fish you catch. Very clean, several easy to get to ponds, well stocked, they have a little store that sells food, hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, drinks. They sell liver for bait. Have clean bathrooms to use. Very nice, and very helpful people.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:04 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Im looking to find some ponds around the area my biggest fear is to be on someones private property and not know it and get someone pretty angry haha. But i was wondering if anyone has fished at Reynolds pond in aiken right off of hwy 19, ive seen on the internet where people have said that there are no fish in the pond but i know you can't always believe what you read. if anyone has information on if the pond is available to fish and if there are actually fish in the pond i would be glad to hear from you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ive heard it was nothing but bream...