[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Why do you fish the tournaments you do?
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:52 pm
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Why do you fish the tournaments you fish?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:39 pm
It's all about the Benjamins---payback 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Enjoy the folks I fish withs fellowship 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
I like the competition factor 30%  30%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 33
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:39 pm 

I was just a pondering the question and wondered why others fish the tournaments they do. I personally fish Fish the Fall because of the competition and the guys are all good competitors that challenges my competitive spirit. I also fish the SC upstate Bait trail. That is more of a Saturday outing with the wife as she is my partner in it. Neither are really for the cash although I know a ton of my friends that is the reason they fish. Just a pondering? Give me your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:20 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Since I work week-ins I only get to fish small club TX's and some week-day ad-hoc with you guys---I do fish the S.C.Troopers TX every year (Lake Greenwood) cause my fishin' partner likes to fish a big TX every once- in-awhile--------it sure fires up the old competitive spirit :cool: but I think I love the Bull sessions after each TX more than anything-------seeing old friends and making new ones----it's all part of what keeps me in the game :!: :!: :wink: :wink:

Monk :wink: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:22 pm 

I like to fish tours close to home.Fish The Fall is a good trail but does not include Lake Murray anymore.I also have to look at my work sch.If I miss one on a tour then it usually eliminates me from the points race.You have a done a good job,keep us in mind .(midstate)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:30 pm 

I am not now nor have I ever been "good enough" to fish a lot of the bigger tournaments. When I am fishing the Forums tournament I feel that I have a chance, not because I am better than anyone but that, I don't feel any pressure to excel. And when contributing, it's not a lot of money that I am parting with. That is primarily why I have been after Mike to make the entry fee as small as possible.. I don't think anyone wants to fish for nothing,, Just keep it low... retiredguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:41 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Well said RG thats the ticket

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:48 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I fished large traveling trails for 10 years and stayed in Motels with 50 other boats parked in the lot and in most cases the only conversations you would have with most of the other anglers was just before leaving the no wake zone waiting to hear your number called. At the end of the long day on the water most guys were grumpy if they didn't do well and the ones that did really well had lock jaw because they still had the following day to contend with. The tournament entries were high dollar and rewards were not so high even if you won. To much money went to other expenses according to tournament directors. I came off the tournament trail in 98 and have not regretted one minute of it. Came back home joined a few club tournaments with my old friends and now have much more fun, if you win you win more than when you won on some of the bigger ones, and if someone else wins your happy for them also. Good Friends, the fish bittin, good weather and after it's over standing or sitting around just downing a cold beer and peanuts and talking about the day. Does it get any better than that?????

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:25 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Well, I do fish for money. I love the competition, but I agree with Softy. When you fish T's with friends, the weigh in is a lot more fun. There's nothing better than hanging out after the T and talking about baits and even spots that you fished or thought about fishing. Sometimes you find out that someone did fish that spot you were thinking about. So then you poke fun back and forth and on and on and on. I also fish with the Midland Valley Christian Anglers (no money) and some of us even talk on cell phones during the day just to see how somebody else is doing. Fishing is supposed to be fun. If I stop having fun, I'll stop fishing.......money or no money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:27 pm 

Haven't fished any big tournaments but have fished some small ones. The main reason is enjoyment of the BS and friendships that occur. Another good reason is a measure of my fishing abilities. But most important it is to learn. When I have fished tournaments I hear fishermen talking about different patterns and techniques they tried that day. For me this info is great since I really don't have that much experiance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:02 pm 
**Founding Member**
**Founding Member**

Have never fished any big/popular ones B4 the biggest would of been my 2 years with SCFBA.com. Had to stop when I moved to Atlanta 2 years ago. Since then just been fishing what ever Ad-Hoc or Forum tourneys I can make. Definately enjoy making new friends or just meeting usual friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:06 am 

Well it seems we fish for the fellowship more than anything. Glad I am not alone in that one, and a little comp. never hurt anyone. Thanks for the feedback. As for Murray we will be back. Have had several say that they love the lake. Worried about it this year with the grass gone. Never down there can only go with what I read on here. Personally I love the lake, second to santee and believe it or not the Waccamaw river is probally my favorite body of water.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:04 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

I just love fishing and the BS at the end of the day, The BS during the day. :mrgreen:

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:14 am 
At one time, it was about the money and becoming pro, but that changed in Feb. of 2003. Now it would have to be about fellowship and freindship.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:23 am 
Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

CnY, For me it's Fun first, Competition 2nd, Fellowship 3rd. I doubt most of the guys that fish for "Benjamin's" are gonna post or vote anyway..and there are quite a few of them :grin:
The Forums tx's have been a real good thing for alot of us since 2002..and everyone is in it for the good time, think they are the most fun & fellowship tx's around.
The competition in FTF Tx's is the best/top's around in my opinion..Looking for Jimbo, Greg or PM to be in the winners circle :lol: :grin:
PM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:08 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

cyn. For me its 100%, all about the fellowship. After every tournament i enjoy standing around talking to everyone then there's four to eight of us go somewhere and eat and continue the fishing chat. Wow, what an honor to have my name brought up in the same sentence with the Peanutman and Greg . LOL

ps. cyn, sorry you got left out of pm's winner circle.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:46 pm 

He did that for good reason, He ain't worried about me winning anything. I look at like a golf outing I would spend 100 bucks doing that so may as well donate to you guys. I enjoy that much.