[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SCLakes.com • View topic - Baits and my health!!!!
SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baits and my health!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:40 pm 
Soft Body Baits Moderator

I have had a couple anglers trying to contact me about making them some baits. My health has failed me very much and I almost died in Late January from an Aneurism and had to go through emergency surgery to save my life. My bait making days are over. Thanks Doug aka Softbaitmaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:12 pm 
Technical Moderator
Technical Moderator

Doug, sorry to hear about your health decline. Praying for a speedy recovery. Fred

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:36 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Prayers are with ya brother...hope you recover soon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:22 pm 
Hartwell Moderator
Hartwell Moderator

Praying for you buddy!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are here for you & sending prayers your way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 am 
Greenwood Moderator
Greenwood Moderator

Doug, hate to hear that and hope that you get better soon and prayers sent buddy.

Keep It Wet! Take One Make One! Hooked On Fishing Not On Drugs! In God We Trust! Happy Trails To You Until we Meet Again!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:14 am 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

Very sorry to hear that. Prayers are with you.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:16 am 

I want to thank all of you folks for the kind words and prayers. It appears as if I am going to have a very good recovery as i have been able to get back in the bait room and make some baits and it seems to help to stay busy and active. I am pouring baits on a smaller scale then before I sold my first bait room out to a member here and it went to SC. I had a couple guys up here tell me that my not making baits for them was unacceptable and they put me back in business so I could make baits for them. I don't have the assortment I once offered but I will post what baits I am making and if anything strikes your fancy let me know either in PM here or an email to softbaitmaker@yahoo.com.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:14 pm 
Jedi Master Member
Jedi Master Member

glad you're back in the game....keep getting better

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 am 

Thanks Spinnerbaitor59 and i hope to continue getting better. I am about back to 90% now!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Im very glad to hear that your doing better. I know you've had a hard road for your recovery but I sincerely hope you continue to improve.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:00 pm 

Thanks Mike, Back last winter I had my doubts about how far I would make it back with my age but it seems to have went well and I am back about 95% now. I want to thank everyone here for their prayers. One can never get enough of those when health issues strike...................

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

very true my friend!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm 

Well, not to much new on this end except I am not pouring again. My eyesight took a dump and went to see about getting new glasses only to learn that I have bad cataracts that require removal before glasses will help so will be getting that done before Christmas. I have not been spending time on computer since I have to have a magnifier screen on it to read and type stuff but I just say getting old ain't for sissies and just keep moving forward. Hope everyone here is doing well and catching a bunch of fish. Son In law has taken over the Skeeter and keeping it wet as much as possible. I hope to be able to fish next summer GOD willing. Son In law has spent some serious money lighting the boat up for us to be able to night fish and I can move around safely in the boat. I will try and post pictures of her all lit up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

one day at a time my friend.