SCLakes.com

SCLakes.com

Bringing fishermen togeather since 1998!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am
Sponsors

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:03 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

I guess this question is directed to all of the tournament directors locally. Why is all night bass tournaments actually seem to have more hours before dark than after dark? Mini tournaments I understand but night time tournaments should begin at dark and end in the dark! (Hours like 9 pm to 5 am) . Hours on the water is much more comfortable and enjoyable as most of the jet ski people are in for the evening. I think with better hours more night fisherman would support and take part in more tournaments. Thanks to all who view this and have a great day!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:39 pm 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Hey ZX;
Have you heard the story of a night fishing tournament and a near miss with two kayaks? From a credible source fishing the Hill, an evening TX almost ended with a fellow fisherman killing two kayakers. The kayaks; guilty of not having any lighting while crossing the lake at night represent a growing number of irresponsible personal water crafters. Even though you pose a great question(it is cooler after dark), I am going to ask how can we safely continue our night tournaments? Possibly that will bolster support for more night tournaments. Good luck!

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:20 am 
Jr Member
Jr Member

Bass Freak,
I think
that DNR has laws in place that makes the water safe at night as long as people use and obey them. As a night fisherman I see the people that ski or jet ski after sundown and on some instances after dark and see boaters that choose not to run their lights but do we let those people control or keep us from enjoying our waters? I say NO !! Most all fisherman carry cell phones and can call DNR to report such violations and that is not happening. We as sportsman can help directors by calling out the competitors that do not choose to run lights or use alcohol while in a tournament which should end in disqualification for these people. I will in closing ask to all my friends and fellow competitors, please run your lights after dark and make it safer for us all...